Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Recently i took my bike out for a ride after it had been sitting idle for a few months due to health issues.
I noticed a smell of something melting after i came back from my ride.
So i took the bike apart looking for the source and i found it under the saddle next to the battery.
It is the white plug that is completely molten. This white plug was together with a black and green plug in a sort of plastic "condom"

the white plug seems to have had three yellow cables coming out from it. Using a multimeter i traced it to the connector that goes into the voltage regulator?( i think thats what it is? pic is included. )

I have no idea why this connector has molten since i have no idea why it is even there in the first place :)

is there anybody that can tell me what might have happened here?
during all this melting.. the bike runs fine strangely enough..

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok i did some more digging and i thing it is the wires coming from the alternator going to the rectifier. still not sure why this would have molten. maybe a bad connection caused a lot of heat build up and fried it? or could it be a broken rectifier or alternator?

·
Registered
204 Posts
there is a post not too far down where the question was partially answered,
but i would strongly suggest that your rectifier is burnt out and causes the connection fry
better check your rectifier brother and then check stator to make sure thats ok
check wiring and ride
90% chance rectifier must be replaced
best

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply.
I know how to check if my stator is still ok but i have no idea how to check the rectifier. Is there a way to measure it with a multimeter? I saw some vids on youtube where the do i diode measurent on the rectifier? Does the same method apply for this particar model rectifier?

Cheers.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks for the reply.
I know how to check if my stator is still ok but i have no idea how to check the rectifier. Is there a way to measure it with a multimeter? I saw some vids on youtube where the do i diode measurent on the rectifier? Does the same method apply for this particar model rectifier?

Cheers.
Hi there, I have a CBR 919 with same problem, check out my link all is explained.

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/aftermarket-perfomance-parts-reviews/109675-melted-stator-connector.html

Drib

1 - 5 of 5 Posts