Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^
Thanks guys.
Pleased with my little hoarding. I think it's a passion turned to obsession, but hey, keeps me occupied in my twilight years:(:D.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great photo 👍👍

I love looking at how bikes have changed over the years. Seeing these 2 side by side really shows the progression in design.

What do you make of the 2020 Blade nigelrb?? At work we are already looking forward to getting our hands on one but it will be next year probably before these start to filter down into the used bike market 😭 😭

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers for the compliment.

As a long time Honda devotee with a current collection of 13 bikes, 12 of which are Hondas, it is so easy for me to say that this is a brilliant bike, both in quality finish and performance. As a street bike, its capabilities are probably way beyond most of us, but that doesn't deter enthusiasts buying this flagship product.

Power delivery is very smooth, but one over 4 - 5,000 revs can be brutal, but only if you want it to be. Handling is superb. Electronics for some might be a bit much, but for me, once set, I generally leave as is. It did take a few attempts to fine tune suspension, but that might be expected with any bike.

Many reviews are critical of the ergonomics and riding position, as was I after I first sat on it at Birmingham's NEC in November last year. Despite that initial impression, I believe we adjust ourselves to suit the bike - somewhat like adjusting to the temperament of a new wife or partner!:) If you've ever sat on or ridden a VTR SP-1 or 2 the feel is very similar. Not sure I'd want to ride it to Land's End in one go, but despite all that I ordered mine the day after viewing. Expected delivery was end-of-March, but Covid-19 put paid to that. Finally collected on July 2.

There's a couple listed by dealers at the moment as ex-demos, but they're still commanding a high price. I expect there will be offers and reductions perhaps around January, because in Honda's true fashion they'll probably have a 2021 'update' model with an extra stripe on the tank and you'll pay an extra £800 for the privilege!! :D

·
Registered
223 Posts
Great pictures Nigel. Very good condition on the VF and sometime i might get at CBR1000RR-R SP.

Reactions: nigelrb

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,115 Posts
Honestly, the Vette plan may be out the window........But keeping the bikes would be worth having a VF1000R in the garage in exchange for the Erion 😎

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Nice pics Nigel. The comparison between styling is very clear to see. Style is just what the market currently finds sexy, and does not necessarily connect with aerodynamics. And on bikes aerodynamics is hardly relevant (considering the modern-day power/weight/drag ratios), actually the front end of the VF is probably more efficient than the 'blade, and the rear end of the blade would be more efficient than the VF but then it's wrecked by the number plate. Agree that comfort-wise we tend to adapt to what we have, but in the end it's only motorway miles that tire us out, bendy roads keep us moving around and ache-free. So in the end the question is can you stand to sit on it for 90 minutes.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
. . . So in the end the question is can you stand to sit on it for 90 minutes.
That's certainly a big ask for the new one. I think my max stretch to date is 60 mins, and even by then my aging - though fit and supple body :D - is yelling out for a break.

However, just like marriage, we tend to accept the extended pains and negatives as a trade-off for the few minutes of good times!:love:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts