Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think they went and found the slowest "pipe" in the company for download too. 1.4 kb/s.

Double assholes.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn. Sony, I doubt you care, but you just went on my total shit list.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I gets worse: http://news.com.com/Antivirus+firms+target+Sony+rootkit/2100-1029_3-5942265.html?tag=nefd.top

"According to Computer Associates, the Sony software makes itself a default media player on a computer after it is installed. The software then reports back the user's Internet address and identifies which CDs are played on that computer. Intentionally or not, the software also seems to damage a computer's ability to "rip" clean copies of MP3s from non-copy protected CDs, the security company said. "It will effectively insert pseudo-random noise into a file so that it becomes less listenable," said Sam Curry, a Computer Associates vice president. "What's disturbing about this is the lack of notice, the lack of consent, and the lack of an easy removal tool."

No more Sony products for me, if I can at all help it. Fuckers.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
My clients often ask my why I don't support Sony and their products. Well, I can add this to the list. I will also make sure I don't purchase any music CD's or DVD's that have Sony involved. Shame they have so much power...

Z...

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Unfortunately, I have seen Sony's legal and marketing departments wreak havoc on personal rights before. One of their mainstay technologies (Trinitron) was developed by 3 (American) individuals while they were working for a company that was later purchased by Sony. They had a written agreement with their original employer that granted them full rights to all products developed on their own time with their own resources (which it was), yet Sony's legal might destroyed this agreement in less than 6 months in Federal court and has contributed more than 30 billion dollars in total sales to the companies bottom line since 1979.

I doubt a little spyware even got a surprised look by their board when it was suggested . . .

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was told that the CA Attorney General has filed suit, and of course there is already at least one Class filed against them.

Go get the bastards!

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wonder if Sony will sue the British security company that wrote the spyware?

The CA Attorney Gen is also going after them as they had computers sending data back to Sony when you put a music disc in your computer not made by them. "Market research"

1 - 20 of 28 Posts