Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo, I crashed at the track. Nothing major, decided to ride off onto the grass, and she tucked and I guess while I was tumbling across the green, it flipped a couple times.

Anyway, Im having difficulties figuring out exactly how this happened.
when I picked her up off the ground all that looked bad was the fairing stay, till I got back to the pit and found the 2 pieces of the casing in my belly pan.

The bike started right up and is running fine.

Also does anyone think I can repair this? or should i start looking for a new bottom case?

I have a complete spare engine and swingarm assembly that is going into the bike tonight, back at the track in 2 weeks.

Pics below, last one is what it looked like after i took the fairings off in the pit.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Sooo, I crashed at the track. Nothing major, decided to ride off onto the grass, and she tucked and I guess while I was tumbling across the green, it flipped a couple times.

Anyway, Im having difficulties figuring out exactly how this happened.
when I picked her up off the ground all that looked bad was the fairing stay, till I got back to the pit and found the 2 pieces of the casing in my belly pan.

The bike started right up and is running fine.

Also does anyone think I can repair this? or should i start looking for a new bottom case?

I have a complete spare engine and swingarm assembly that is going into the bike tonight, back at the track in 2 weeks.

Pics below, last one is what it looked like after i took the fairings off in the pit.

Yep, seen two of them firsthand.
One was hit by a car from behind at low speed.
The other was cracked in a highside at the track but not noticed until the next time he went out, dumped oil over the tyre, massive highside that almost killed him due to a head impact.
Possibly repairable but I would think not financially viable with the amount of welding and machining required.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, seen two of them firsthand.
One was hit by a car from behind at low speed.

Funny you mention that.
When I bought this bike, it had changed hands twice but was still registered to the guy who sold the bike to the first guy who sold it to another guy who sold it to me.

I had to track down the guy on the ownership because the ministry of transportation wouldnt accept the bill of sale from the other guy.
Anyway long story short, the original owner told me that the bike had been hit by a car when he owned it. I never thought much of it myself since I road the bike last season on the street and never had an issue.

But this does seem a bit extreme for just a dump in the grass.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Funny you mention that.
When I bought this bike, it had changed hands twice but was still registered to the guy who sold the bike to the first guy who sold it to another guy who sold it to me.

I had to track down the guy on the ownership because the ministry of transportation wouldnt accept the bill of sale from the other guy.
Anyway long story short, the original owner told me that the bike had been hit by a car when he owned it. I never thought much of it myself since I road the bike last season on the street and never had an issue.

But this does seem a bit extreme for just a dump in the grass.

The 929 I saw that was hit from behind was obviously broken as the wheel was clearly leaning over. But it's certainly possible yours could have been cracked for some time and just needed a good whack to finish it off.
I would check the wheel and swingarm bearings as well as the impact must've been fairly hefty.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 929 I saw that was hit from behind was obviously broken as the wheel was clearly leaning over. But it's certainly possible yours could have been cracked for some time and just needed a good whack to finish it off.
I would check the wheel and swingarm bearings as well as the impact must've been fairly hefty.

Well I just takled to the PO, and the bike was hit in the front fairing on the left side so that wasnt the cause.

Looks like it must have flipped and landed square on the rear wheel.

I checked the rim, there is no damage, and the swingarm isn't being used again, it was repaired once by the PO because he forgot the spacer for the rear wheel on the sprocket side(grind grind) and the new engine came with the lower swingarm mount and arm already attatched to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts