Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father and I both have 08 blades my dads bike has done 3500km and is using oil like mad ! I would like to know what success riders with this problem have had dealing with Honda ? What is the best approach with Honda SA on this matter ?

Does anyone know why some of these bikes are burning oil at such a rate ! Would appreciate all South African fireblade owners feedback ! :idunno:

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
You really are better off using the 'search' engine for this topic has been covered by 100's of people from all around the world. The 08 blade oil burning issue was a major problem...as you know. Try the search and see how you go. Good luck:thumb:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Howzit.

my 08 blade going in for new rings and clutch basket. Speak to you dealer. They say there is no call back but keep pushing them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi i own a 08 fireblade.i experienced the same problem. if you serviced ur bike regulary u souldnt have a problem to put a claim in for new rings.but be warned. it seems the request for new rings are high.i have to wait 7 weeks for my rings to arrive.so the quicker you go to your dealer the better.

·
Registered
278 Posts
hi i own a 08 fireblade.i experienced the same problem. if you serviced ur bike regulary u souldnt have a problem to put a claim in for new rings.but be warned. it seems the request for new rings are high.i have to wait 7 weeks for my rings to arrive.so the quicker you go to your dealer the better.
Which dealer Flekkie ? I'm waiting for West Rand to get rings. Hope its not 7 weeks !

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi gaz

well i had a bit of bad luck with my blade recently. i finally had my rings redone after waiting 7 weeks for it to arrive. i seemed that everything was baxk to normal...but it wasent. after doing my 1000km again i checked my oil,and to my surprise it got even worse!!! my pistons was burned and bearings was damaged. what they then relised that my sleeves was slightly by a milimeter of a milimeter larger than my pistons....now i have a screwed engen.

i have done some research and 90% of people that redo their rings "apperently" dont have the problem any more . now i have been having a on going battle with honda S-A themself to get my warrenty claim approved..my bike has been standing for 2 months now.all ive been getting was a "well get back to u"..and they never do.

i honestly hope that if you replace ur rings you would have better luck than me . if you dont plz phone honda S-A customer care and complain,eventually it must make a deffrance. their number is 0118479400.

if this goes on any longer i will have to puplish send a letter to bike s-a and 2weels. so keeps ur eyes open maybe all fireblade owners may for once get some results from honda s-a

all the best
flekkie

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry to hear about that flekkie. Its bloody ridiculous ! it's such an awesome bike just wish honda would sort the problem out. My Honda dealer is saying 1l/1000km normal. I Have met guys that ride the hell out of the bike and not even a drop used ! My bike goes in shortly for a service so I'll keep you posted

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi gaz
well after 5 weeks of fighting my ass off to get somewere,yesterday i discoverd the quickest route to getting a problem solved.i noticed that the main problem is that te customer services department cant communicate.so i in a typical south african way properly "stripped my moer" i found out who the second in command was,phoned him directly and explained to him the situation. 10min later he phoned me back,he gave the go ahead to fix my bike.from now on i am not even going to waste my time with customer service.

good luck with fixing your bike,hope ur problem ends their.
i think my problem isnt a common one,i was just the unlucky guy in the bunch.but still i wont sell my bike.loving this new blade.ha ha

all the best
flekkie

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats the way Flekkie the only way, I might just need the number of the guy you spoke to ! Im also not happy about being lied to and having a warranty thats useless !

·
Registered
446 Posts
Thats the way Flekkie the only way, I might just need the number of the guy you spoke to ! Im also not happy about being lied to and having a warranty thats useless !
Just a quick thought guys but before you get the rings done ask for it in writing what the expected oil consumption will be after the works been done! from the honda sa tech department before u even let them near your bikes.Over here u can reject the bike under the sale of goods act as its not sold fit for purpose .Also get on to your trading standards and find out where u stand .Dont let them pi55 u around be prepaired to go all the way if the new rings aint any good,good luck and keep on there backs!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts