Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather here (S.C.) has been wonderful here lately; If only my bike would start. I got caught in the rain last week and aparently fouled the plugs on my 954. It's the third time I've had fouled plugs in 6 months and I've about had it with the iridium's. (The other two times were from the compter running in open loop after a code was thrown.) It seems that whenever anything isn't 100% right, they drop out quick. Anyone else have this problem?

Ben
Thinking about tracking down some regular NGK's...Opinions?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Nope, i was caught in some SERIOUS rain for about 30 miles last week, didn't do a thing. Started right up at lunch when the sun cleared up.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Just when I thought I knew everything.... Can somebody tell me how does rain cause your bike to foul plugs????. I can see if maybe you're one of those Harley riders that has a velocity stack on the end of the carb and you get stuck in the rain. Maybe....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It still beats me, but all four were wet with fuel. Tried cleaning them and reinstalling, but still no life. Napa couldn't find a replacement so we'll try NGK's Vs. the Denso.

Ben

·
Registered
536 Posts
It still beats me, but all four were wet with fuel. Tried cleaning them and reinstalling, but still no life. Napa couldn't find a replacement so we'll try NGK's Vs. the Denso.

Ben
NGK's are good plugs... I even used them in my...... ssshhhhh, don't tell anyone, I used them in my Harleys

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had dropped the battery off at the local Napa for a charge while I waited on my plugs to come in ($13 next day). Turns out my battery would only hold a full charge for about 2hrs, and then start discharging. I'll get a new one from the dealership, but could this have been the root of my fouling issues? The bike always started right up and ran well so I never thought to check it.

Ben

1 - 6 of 6 Posts