Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while ago, somebody posted a pic of his buddy's R1 which had the exhaust mounted on the belly and exiting just in front of the rear tire. That particular system was home made, but there was mention of a system for sale.
Does anybody have any more info on this?

Attachments

·
Registered
397 Posts
What info are you looking for?

How to make?
- Any car part store should have a tip like that. Just have it welded on at the mid pipe.

Don't know why you would want that, it would be deffening. IMO

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is some sort of packing to silene it.
I guess it's somewhat similar to the Buell cans.
Also, somewhat similar things can be found on the Honda Xaxis concept, The KTM RC8 and some Moto Guzzi Models by Ghezzi & Brian and others...

I'm just curious?

-N.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
It seems to me that the size of glass-pack (there is no way a traditional can will go in there) required to get any muffling at all would reduce ground clearance to almost nothing.

I'd suspect that that the R1 is a straight-pipe (ala Hardly Ableson) and that Schuks crinkle bend is SOOOOOOOO ghetto. They should have sprung for a price of cut-off from a mandrel bent piece of stainless at least. I wonder how long it will be before that tip looks like someting on the abck of an '82 Monte Carlo.

For show a nice excution would look good but man.. I'd hate to have to ride something with no can or with the power-oband weirdness that would likely cause.

Upside is you could probbly unleash some WICKED backfires!!!

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
"Hey, those are our choppers, Charlie"
"Yea, well this is my gun...Clyde."

Sorry, I'm digressing again. Rupert, MotoGP style exhausts aren't going to help you be heard by approaching vehicles. They'll only hear you after you've passed by...

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Loud Pipes Ban Bikes!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
RED RIDER, WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT APROACHING VEHICLES, I WAS TALKING ABOUT VEHICLES IN THE NEXT LANE OVER. MAYBE YOU ARE NOT USED TO TWO LANE ROADS IN ARKANSAS. PISS OFF.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
RED RIDER, WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT APROACHING VEHICLES, I WAS TALKING ABOUT VEHICLES IN THE NEXT LANE OVER. MAYBE YOU ARE NOT USED TO TWO LANE ROADS IN ARKANSAS. PISS OFF.
Stop typing in all caps it is considered shouting!!:nono:

·
Registered
90 Posts
A friend of mine has one like that on his R1, looks good but very very loud. I think the manufacturer was a company called bose brothers.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
2 lane road . . . hmmmmm what vehicle is in the "next lane" on a 2 lane road? That would be an "approaching" vehicle unless you ride on the wrong side of the road.

For the record, loud pipes just piss people off and sometimes make them aim their vehicle at you . . .

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
damn people he's talking about 2 lanes in the same direction. he wants the person next to him to hear him because they're obviously blind and can't see you right next to them.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
damn people he's talking about 2 lanes in the same direction. he wants the person next to him to hear him because they're obviously blind and can't see you right next to them.
A "two lane" road is universally used to describe a road that has a single lane heading in both directions with a white line separating the two. Didn't you get your CDL? Wasn't that one of the questions?

You are describing a 4 lane road . . .

1 - 20 of 31 Posts