Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
I have them on the 929. Work great. They sent me ones that were too long though, they work anyways. Just stick out alittle more than stock.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Works fine on my bike also. Seems like overkill though, bleeding the brakes on the 9 is a one man job, everything's within arms reach. It's not exactly difficult to begin with.

I'd recommend them for your car. More useful

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I have 'em and they work as advertised. I had a slight bit of leakage around the threads which was remedied with a bit of teflon tape. The speedbleeders come with threadlock preapplied, but I guess it wears off after several bleedings. Makes brake bleeding a breeze! No more open, squeeze lever, close, release lever.......ad infinium. Just pump the lever and let the check valve take care of the rest!

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
phozed : 15000 miles of easy bleedings for me as well....
...that's a glowing endorsement from the 'King of Bleed'!

I've used them on several bikes and can't recommend them enough.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Red Rider : Quote (phozed @ Sep. 01 2003, 10:27am)15000 miles of easy bleedings for me as well....
...that's a glowing endorsement from the 'King of Bleed'!
rofl! was on the phone with the GF when I read that and lol'd - she asked me what was so funny and I tried to explain but...

·
Registered
343 Posts
I think the part # is posted in an old thread somewhere but I called and they knew the correct application for my bike...

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
#SB8125L is the bleeder for Hondas. It has a longer nipple on it for attaching the bleed hose. You can buy the one with the shorter nip if you want, but watch out the hose doesn't pop off when you're bleeding the line.

·
Registered
768 Posts
After all those Yeahs I'll add my Nay.

They just get in the way if you are starting with a dry system, such as when you put on new brake lines, or rebuild calipers. This is because unless the lines are full of fluid, you can't generate enough pressure to open the speedbleeder's check valve.

Even if you do have the lines full of fluid, they don't seal well. The seal around the threads gives before the check valve does. Poorly made.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I don't like them either... I used them for a while and never really got the lever pull I liked...

I went back to stock and bam, the bleeding was actually easier and the brakes were better. I did quikmike's R6 in 3 lever pulls to get fluid to the bottom... And I got all the air out in less time too...

I just don't like them... By concept, they are good, but I find that I can do better by just using the standard ones...

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Hmmm, better lever pull, huh? I'm not convinced my brakes are quite up to snuff. Perhaps the next time I change my fluid I'll yank the speedbleeders and see how the stock ones compare (if I can find them&#33. I never used the stock bleeder bolts with the stainless lines.

·
Registered
453 Posts
try this when bleeding, get a container and add enough brake fluid to submerge the end of your bleed tube in it and of course attach the other end to the bleeder screw ... top off the resevoir with fresh fluid, open the bleeder screw and start pumping away - dont close the bleeder screw before you release the lever because it wont suck air because the hose is submerged in fluid ... anyway just keep pumping the lever until only fluid comes out of the bleed hose and then tighten ... now with the beleeder screw tight give your lever a few pumps to seat the pads against the rotor and voila! ... i did this this past week along with braided lines and a new set of OEM pads and i swear my bike will put you on your head in a hurry!

·
Registered
453 Posts
onee more thing, you use alot of fluid like this which is why i like it because it really flushes your system good ... i used a pint doing the 2 fronts and the rear

1 - 18 of 18 Posts