Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2004 cbr 1000rr, and the speedo reads less than I am actually doing????? This is the firs bike I have ever seen do that. The RPMs seem to be right so I dont think that the gearing has been changed. Also the tach needle shakes a little when I am at steddy rpms on the highway.
The speedo is so off that on the highway in the fast lane behind cars it was reading 65 when I know we were going 75or 80. Thats a bad thing, Ticket O'clock.

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
With stock gearing it will read HIGHER than your actual speed. Sounds like someone changed the gearing.

I assume you verified this with a GPS or such? Get a SpeedoHealer to adjust the speedo for the gearing change and it will be accurate.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont think the gearing has changed because the Rpms are right with my buddys 1000rr. The speedo is just off. I know about normal speedo error I have 4 bikes, all off the other way.

Any other Ideas?

·
Registered
902 Posts
This is the only thing Honda recalled for the 2004. Take it into any dealer and they will replace your instrument cluster for free. They may have to order it.

There's a "bug" in the program that calculates the speed and under very rare conditions, the speed will read significantly lower. And it will never reset itself back to normal. I haven't taken mine in for the recall and hasn't happened to me yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
YOU ARE FANTASTIC!!! I love it when I get free stuff.
But today when I was going to leave for Daytona biketober fest the stator/alternator **** the bed and I had to ride my GSXR-750.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts