Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about you other sprint owners, but the stock speedo error was driving me nuts! I checked it against my GPS and it was 5.1% off. It was getting too much for me to think about to continually recalculate my speed so I would know if I was going too slow or fast, so I installed a speedohealer. This was actually going to go on the Kawi, but someone took care of that for me :rolleyes:

Anyway, it was the universal kit that the kawi needed and luckily that was what the sprint needed as well. The install took me about half an hour, but some of that was spent picking up screws and anchors from a box that I dropped :(

It was pretty easy to do and if anyone else is interested, I can take a couple of photos if needed.

It started thunderstorming so I have not taken it out to compare to the gps yet, but the self diagnostics indicated that I hooked everything up correctly.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the speedohealer.com website, the info on installing one on the ST is pretty sparse. If you would like to a submit a couple photos and any instructions on installation that you feel would enhance the current tutorial, I will give you a $10 store certificate.
Sure! It will have to wait until I get back from my trip mid-august...

The info was correct, but you are right, no photos... I can show where I mounted it as well (the little glovebox on the right side of the fairing).

·
Registered
329 Posts
I know how you feel. The speedo on my 01 triple is horrible. The damn thing is 15MPH off above 40MPH. I just use my GPS for a speedo.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know how you feel. The speedo on my 01 triple is horrible. The damn thing is 15MPH off above 40MPH. I just use my GPS for a speedo.
Why, oh why do they make bike speedos so far off? OK, one or 2 mph is ok, that would probably be to all our benefits... but over 10mph off at highways speeds???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts