Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get spools for my 929 but theres no place to mount them I have seen 929's with spools but how are they doing it?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just drill one all the way through the arm to the inside? I know there stout but will this weeken the integraty of the arm?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I drilled holes in the arm on my 2000 for spools. No problems at all. Just drill all the way through. There is just enough thickness for a couple of threads to tighten the bolts. I've had no issues at all. My bike lives on the rear stand. Remember to make sure you measure correctly as both sides are not the same.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
all the 954 swing arms I have seen latly have been the same issue. I've got alot of reserch to do but I have thought about changing it out. not a bad idea

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I might just do that over the winter. change the swingarm out among other things. not sure what all to do may head to NC and ride in november but I have a full head on the way I want to port polish and get a little hotter cam in, but the dam cams are over priced in my opinion.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I want to get spools for my 929 but theres no place to mount them I have seen 929's with spools but how are they doing it?
I just drilled mine through the swingarm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts