Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd say this is about as 'common' as it gets...

Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienatsch

Got my copy yesterday. I've read the first couple of chapters and already I can tell you it's better, prettier, easier to understand, and more interesting to read than anything Mr. Code's ever written (I've read both Twist 1 & 2). The photography is abundant and excellent, the chapters well organized, and the riding techniques are clearly explained in an easy to understand/practice/use way.

I would heartily recommend you buy yourself a copy. It's only $17.47 from Amazon. It's the most polished book of its type I've ever seen.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
TTIWWanISBN :D

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
It's definitely on my Christmas list, along with Ducati 999 by Alan Cathcart and Marc Cook. I sent wifey a link to Amazon - they've got a great package deal for the two books together (I'm pretty sure she ordered them for me). :hyper: Looking forward to reading them both.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Funny you should mention it. I just started reading it myself. I am up to chapter 6 and find most of the chapters very useful. The first few chapters were old news, but now I am into the meat. This book is much better than TOTW2 and does cater to the street rider more. Good choice. :)

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
FWIW, I bought this book about 8 months ago when it first came out. (We've had this discussion before) While the pictures are good and fun to look at, the technical aspects are lacking IMO and focus a little too much on the squidly side.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Ah, good. I just had this book arrive on my doorstep. I plan on reading it after Christmas, during my much needed week vacation!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'm really enjoying the read too. Highly recomend the book. Nick is one of the very best motorcycling authors I've ever read.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
figment said:
FWIW, I bought this book about 8 months ago when it first came out. (We've had this discussion before) While the pictures are good and fun to look at, the technical aspects are lacking IMO and focus a little too much on the squidly side.
Seems most everyone tends to think the book is pretty well written. Tell me Figment, what specifically was it about the "technical aspects" of the work that you found lacking, and how? Very curious.

:allears:

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I purchased this book awhile ago. Good reading, photography, author history, etc. Not sure about any squidly references. Never read TOTW 1 or 2, but if this book is better than them I'll do without. It's good, not great IMO. Covers alot of basics, braking while approaching apex, throttle management, counter steering, etc. I'll have to pull the book back out and review it again.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think it is a very good guide/reference-which is what Nick says it should be, not a bible like TtW 1 & 2. Even better, take the Freddie Spencer School and have Nick autograph it for you after you try running him down on the 600RR while he rides the old VFR!!! (if you bought a Honda recently your HRCA discount is worth 10% off the two or three day class).
Sugoi8

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
ND4SPD said:
This thread is worthless without an?????????????
You're kidding, right? :confused:

ISBN - The International Standard Book Number, aka the number that uniquely identifies every published book, and is usually found on the back and inside the first few pages of every book.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts