Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Re: Ride report and pics... Sportbike West 2005

phobiaphobe said:
There are pics of him with the leathers post-crash. They rashed a bit but didn't wear through.
Have you ridden the ST1300? I am looking at getting an ST or an FJR1300 and would like a little feedback. Sorry to threadjack. PM if you want.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Re: Ride report and pics... Sportbike West 2005

I'm pretty impressed with the ST. It's super-smooth, deceptively fast, has surprisingly good cornering clearance, and handles like a way smaller bike. COmpared to the FJR it is not as fast, but much more comfy, with better wind and heat management, is infinitely more smooth and arguably more reliable. It's very torquey, and shaft-drive means no pissing around with chain maintenance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great write-up and picks Phobe. I felt like I was actually there though extremely envious. I can only drool at your beautiful roads that allow you to enjoy your blade to the fullest. There are not very many places here you can do that here.

The ride back must have taken a toll on you. 11hrs???!! Question: Im 120 pounds and 5 ft. I road 350miles only stopping to fuel and stretch on a 1998 900RR. My back was killing me. Is it any different on your 1000RR? If not, what are the new improvements on the 1000RR. I recently sold my 900 for the 1000RR. All I depend on are people like you to give practicle advice. Never riden one so Im really excited. It arrives at the end of September.

Let me know.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.