Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am looking to set my 1999 fireblade up for the holeshot, what sprocket set up do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
896 Posts
id say -1 tooth in the front and go up in rear +2 and see how u like it. i would almost go as far as to say just do the front -1 by itself and then go up 2 in the back if u want anymore power down low. are you drag racing? have u searched around on this subject i would think its covered pretty good in here...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking of going down one in the front to a 15 tooth, if that is not enough I can always go down two in the front to a 14 tooth, that may be a bit much. I am not drag racing, this is for the street, I would just like to have more power down low, I am not a high speed guy anymore.

·
Registered
896 Posts
most people say that 14tooth makes the angle of the chain a little tighter than ideal. if its only for the street treat yourself and get a full 520 kit lose some weight then if u dont like high speeds. you can pick any gearing at most of the places where you would get a good quality setup. i searched around just to see what others are saying on blades i found most common to be -1/+2 with rears ranging from +1 to 5 on street ridden bikes. gearing is a interesting subject for me as i could care less about top speed also. i currently have a what feels to be a strong 929, she hasnt been to the dyno but has all the common adds. full ti system, pc3 etc. i want to drop some speed off the top end and getting a little more jump off the bottom is nice. cant get away with anything over 80-100 on public roads anyway. i feel acceleration is more fun than crazy high speeds. theres always trackdays to shake the bugs off...lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts