Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all !

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what the stock chain and sprocket size is for my 1996 CBR 900 RR.

Any suggestions, or recommendations, on improving performance with alternative sprocket sizes would also be gratefully appreciated.

Regards

Doug
Sunny South Africa.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hi all !

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what the stock chain and sprocket size is for my 1996 CBR 900 RR.

Any suggestions, or recommendations, on improving performance with alternative sprocket sizes would also be gratefully appreciated.

Regards

Doug
Sunny South Africa.
Stock is 16/43 in 525 pitch.
I'd recommend 15/43 as a start.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Thanks Blade ..much appreciated... Will 15/43 give me higher top end (speed) or better accelaration.

15/43 is lower gearing so better acceleration.
It's not possible to get high than stock top speed from changing your gearing.
15/43 with the stock chain length should still allow you to go up to 45 teeth at the rear if you find the 15 front isn't enough - without needing a longer chain.
You will of course use more fuel and your speedo will read high.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I have 16/42 gearing on my cbr900rr how would this change my gearing as my speedo is quite far off aswell.
Just gonna put this out there that my aus '94 comes with 16/42 as standard, and the factory speedo on most bikes is conservative by %5 as per the speedohealer website calculator.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts