Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna change the sprocket or sprockets to add some power to my bike. I have a stock cbr 6000 f4. I heard if I go with bigger rear sprocket I will get that power off the line that will bring the front wheel up in 2nd gear. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
What you heard is true... other than the "power" part. Changing sprockets will not give you any more horsepower nor torque, but the delivery of said "power" may seem different.

A common "upgrade" is dropping one tooth on the front (countershaft or "drive") sprocket, and adding two teeth to the rear. Obviously sprocket teeth are not like LEGOS, so you'll be replacing BOTH sprockets and the chain at the same time. Ensure the "pitch" (520, 525, 530) is the same as your previous set-up (although some riders also consider going from 530 to 520 an "upgrade"), and DEFINITELY do not get a chain that is intended for off-road application (non-O ring).

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,862 Posts
What you heard is true... other than the "power" part. Changing sprockets will not give you any more horsepower nor torque, but the delivery of said "power" may seem different.

A common "upgrade" is dropping one tooth on the front (countershaft or "drive") sprocket, and adding two teeth to the rear. Obviously sprocket teeth are not like LEGOS, so you'll be replacing BOTH sprockets and the chain at the same time. Ensure the "pitch" (520, 525, 530) is the same as your previous set-up (although some riders also consider going from 530 to 520 an "upgrade"), and DEFINITELY do not get a chain that is intended for off-road application (non-O ring).
:clap::hero:

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,862 Posts
tbh with one of them 6000's you're probably OK for power
I knew the 6 liter engine was coming out, but didn't know Honda stuffed it into a street bike :cool:

I was gonna say something about that, but refrained. You nailed it though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts