Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 f4I under acceleration the bike acts fine, but if I try to jus cruise at a certain rpm lets jus say 3000 the bike kinda sputters. Any info would be greatly appreciated! I have pc3 and delkevic exhaust. Jus changed the FPR and the map sensor because I thought those were the culprits.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's my next thing to do Idk about that though ice had the bike for about 4 monthes and its got a little over 21000 miles on it

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Ice, as in frozen? Cold weather?
You migh have a little water in the system.
Be careful with additives, (in case you were thinking of using them) our bikes can be a little finicky, especially if you're using an aftermarket fuel map in your PC.
After plugs, and the other logical stuff, like dump and clean the fuel tank, check fuel lines, etc., you might want to unhook the PC, and just run on the bikes ECU only. See how it acts.
Curious, what map are you using for that Delkevic exhaust?

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
I'd unhook the PC3 and just run on the bikes ecu to see if anything changes.
A little research on DynoJet's website may help you as far as fuel maps go, also download their software to your laptop so you can interface with your PC3.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a similar issue. my bike would sputter under load only when accelerating between 1-4 rpms between 5-20 mph. I changed the plugs and found that they carbon fouled from the previous owners. It helped tremendously although the sputtering is still there, it is not nearly as violent or as frequent. I plan next to clean the carbs.

I didnt think changing the plugs would help but it did. My theory is that the jets and the carbs are gunked up from the previous owners. As far as i can tell, they didnt do much to even maintain the bike. I got her when she had just gotten past the 18k mi. She's almost at about 19k mi. now.

I hope this helps!

·
Banned
474 Posts
Does it idle, start right up, revs to redline? Yes = Good gas and clean carbs(?); your bike not mine so I'd leave them alone I get this kind of response from an injector/carb.

The suggestion above of; "unhook the PC, and just run on the bikes ECU only. See how it acts"; would be that or save said map; send in all zero (0) numbers on every cell is the new map; and correct me on this; but this would be the ECU's map in play? Second try would be to save map again, zero out the first 2 columns on the left. Those too would be the ECU's climb thru those columns and not so much interrupt the pc map in play.

I'd wonder about how clean to air cleaner is and too rich at those sustained speeds? Clean that cavity as much as possible and now run without an air cleaner and did the stumble go away?

:idunno:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts