Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Schweeet!

So, ummmm, the next fireblades trackday is gonna include that monster, riiiiight?

·
Registered
356 Posts
looks good frank!

it looks to me like it's been out on the track already. it that scraped bodywork i see? is it a problem and are you going to raise the ride height any?

·
Registered
126 Posts
So Ab, how does working on a 'Fiddy One' compare to your extreamly well developed 929? Not to mention all the 250's over the years?

When is the planned maiden voyage?

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
TCD : it looks to me like it's been out on the track already.  it that scraped bodywork i see?  is it a problem and are you going to raise the ride height any?
Look closely...what you see is the pump hose lying on the ground.

Looks very nice, Abtech!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Fond of that color scheme aren't you?!  Can't wait to hear mod and track results.

Lookin' good.  The tractor that is.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well most of the 'mods' were on the bike when I bought it in June.  It has a PC11, 02 Radiators, Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets, Multi-Tech Bodywork (junk), Arrow slip-ons from the collector back (loud junk), Penske shock and the usual stuff (steering damper, frame sliders, flapper & PAIR system removed, soft rev limiter mod).  

The bike was so frickin dirty, (no make that filthy) that it took nearly 12 hours to get enough gunk off the motor and frame to work on it.  The previous owner had a Gold valve and spacer mod done on the forks by RaceTech, but it was so bad I couldn't stand it.  The bike now has Dan Kyle forks, .95 KG springs, Dan Kyle suspension link, and 520 gearing.

The color scheme has been in place for over 35 years, so it's not likely to change any time soon.  I will be replacing all the bodywork, getting a full system (TBA), Ohlins shock, HRE Pistons with SuperBike Mike heads over the winter.  I had it out at Grattan on Monday (hence the pic) and other than too much rear ride height it is very nice.  The combo of the Penske shock with 6 mm of added height (beyond the 2 mm extra closed length the Penske has over the OEM shock) and the 4.5 mm that the link adds (for a total of 12.5 mm extra shock length) makes the bike want to oversteer big time on corner entry and spin up the rear more than it should on exit.

Anyway, a work in progress . . .

·
Registered
343 Posts
looking good Abtech! After you get some time on her I'd be very interested in hearing all about the differences!

p.s.
are you going to be at Grattan for the fasttrax event at the end of the month? vtr996 and I are planning on doing the endurance race again...

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
phozed : looking good Abtech! After you get some time on her I'd be very interested in hearing all about the differences!

p.s.
are you going to be at Grattan for the fasttrax event at the end of the month? vtr996 and I are planning on doing the endurance race again...
I will be there.  I won't be running the endurance on Saturday, but a couple of sprints on Sunday (as well as Friday practice).

Interestingly, I had to 'fight' with them over my competition number, as another gentleman on a red and white bike already had number 29. They found out he only runs the endurance stuff, so I was able to 'claim' my number.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts