Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Baketech said:
WD40 makes a good chain cleaner....or an evening of drunken flame-throwing fun with a bic lighter, but that's about it.... :(
Ether is so much better. :thumb:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have been wearing mine daily for the past year, and at some point they just quit making as much noise.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
The squeaking is akin to crickets chirping. When the squeaking stops, that's when you should be worried. :rotfl:

·
Registered
536 Posts
My Oxtars squeak sooooooooo bad, you can hear me a mile away. Silicone stuff doesn't help (actually I think it makes it worse)

What are some things you guys have tried and has helped??
Ride... don't walk. :D
"Judy Butter", huh? Is that what you hippie midgets are calling it these days? :shocked:
You're rght, the silly-cone doesn't work...it's jut messy

Hear, hear to nomad... I like your way of thinking:thumb:

And to my fellow mountain biker... the fork lube is prob a little messy as well, but what about the Pedro's Ice Wax... that might actually work:huh:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I used a bit of Lithium Grease spray on my Alpinestars and it hasn't come back. they started one day and got something awful, but not as bad as the infamouse "Sidi Squeek".

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
You fooled me and forced me to help the help that I was damning now I'm damning you damn it..... okay I'm lost and don't even have boots so whatever

·
Registered
154 Posts
AND IS THIS ALL YOU GUYS CAN TALK ABOUT SQEEEEEKIE BOOTS SHAME ON YOU.BUT NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT YES IT MUST BE A MAGER DISASTER IF YOUR BOOTS ARE SQUIKINKG.SHAME I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU MY ONLY ADVICE GET OTHER FU...NG BOOTS.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have to tell you guys, I just joined this forum and I was absolutely Howling last night (while my wife was in bed.... you got me in trouble:)) at some of your guys posts! Kudos, your all genious.

:clap:

·
Registered
132 Posts
WD40 is a water displacement compound. Its great for keeping moisture out of wiring, or waterproofing boots, but it isnt, nor was intended to be a lubricant. I'm not surprised it doesnt work well for removing squeaks. LOL

Good earplugs will effectively remove squeaks from most boots.

I have so far tried only WD40 on my squeakkkkkkkkkkkkkkky Sidi Vertebra II's, with "some" success. It totally got rid of the squeak, but not for that long, although it is still much more tolerable. I am going to try a very light coat of Judy Butter (for mountain bike Judy forks) next time. I'll let you know how that goes :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had similiar problems with my Garene boots after spraying with All Protector. After talking to about a dozen people who ride motorcycles no one was able to give me an answer.

I tried rubbing candle wax on the moving part of my boot, and the noise went away. I guess the wax against wax resolved the issue, and my boots still stay waterproof in the process.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts