Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
After reading it, I like the chick. She took it damn well.

CluelessAboutCarsChick said:
It's all good. I don't really mind being made fun of for not knowing much about cars' mechanics because as I girl, that's not really my thing. However, I bet I own 99% of you when it comes to runway couture knowledge.
:rotfl: :clap:

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Like a BMW is a rolling work of art that one must master to drive.

First of all, don't give her such a hard time, I hope it is a girl, anyway, girls in my experience dont know/care too mucha bout cars. I am sure she is not too well experienced in the world of cars, and is that a crime? I hope not, so keep your comments in check, or have a field day with a baby seal, either way it is pointless.

She knows now, and that is all, I do admit since I am a "bit" knowledgeable in cars it was very funny, but some of you are being dicks.."
See, this is the problem with drivers these days. they are given licenses to drive on the public road system and they have no idea about the basics of car operation.I f you do not even know what a tacho is, or what it indicates, then how compatent a driver (or rider) could you possibly be? really?

Z...

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Well, you've gotta ask to learn. Nothing wrong with that. Maybe Mommy and Daddy didn't even know the answer to her question :rotfl:
My Dad taught me to change oil as soon as I got my license, and a few basics, but many adults these days don't know that stuff, either.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Do Bimmers have a split scale tach, where the first 700 RPM or something are on a very tight scale?

I used to have an Autometer tach that had very little movement (where's steggie) until 5k, making the sweep very long for the last 4k for precise shifting.

Zee, driver's training stateside is incredibly poor.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Zeeman said:
If you do not even know what a tacho is, or what it indicates, then how compatent a driver (or rider) could you possibly be? really?
Just the other side of the coin:
Obviously, if the car has a manual transmission, you'd need to know the difference between engine speed versus road speed. But believe it or not, with an automatic, it's not required that one has that knowledge to know how to drive a car (even to drive it well). This got blown way out of proportion. It's funny - especially the golf cart comment - but that's human nature...attack the weak as if you never made a dumb mistake yourself. :evilaugh:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I went to the DMV a few days ago to switch my license over to my new (and much better) name. Here was something I watched in horror: An elderly woman was pushed up to the counter in her wheelchair by her daughter. Her head was back and cocked to the side, mouth open. The time came for her to get her picture for her license.
"Mom, look at the camera."
No response.
"Mom, look at the camera."
No response.
"Mom, the camera is over here."
"Huh?" and she slowly rolled her head in the direction of the camera.

I'm scared to death to drive now.

This has nothing to do with 17-year-olds driving.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yep MO does ID cards at the Department of Revenue (DMV for everyone else). I know someone who has a MO drivers license, MO non-drivers license, and a MO State ID all of which are valid!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts