Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend i was in detroit and i rode with a couple of friends and my cousin. My cousins friend, my cousin, as well as me have 929's but i have a pc in mine. While going threw traffic (at excessive speeds), it seemed like they were toasting the crab out of me. I know for a fact that stock 929 or a 929 with a slip on goes at least 175 max. I was maxing out at like 150. Does anyone know what is going on?

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
JamesEarl15 said:
This weekend i was in detroit and i rode with a couple of friends and my cousin. My cousins friend, my cousin, as well as me have 929's but i have a pc in mine. While going threw traffic (at excessive speeds), it seemed like they were toasting the crab out of me. I know for a fact that stock 929 or a 929 with a slip on goes at least 175 max. I was maxing out at like 150. Does anyone know what is going on?
Yes three Daryls were speeding ;) Besides that what map? I would think a poor map might loose power. Also I doubt the 175 figure, though I am not a 929 owner.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol technically i wasnt going through traffic. It was a straigt away at 3 in the morning. I would have to check the map then. Im not that stupid to go that fast during rush hour. I minus well find an aids patient and tell him that i need some blood. Or better yet go 170 through new york city nonstop!!

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
JamesEarl15 said:
lol technically i wasnt going through traffic. It was a straigt away at 3 in the morning. I would have to check the map then. Im not that stupid to go that fast during rush hour. I minus well find an aids patient and tell him that i need some blood. Or better yet go 170 through new york city nonstop!!

Dude. Don't take this personally, but with this, and the "crab" that got toasted out of you while going "threw" traffic... I have to wonder... Did you finish high school?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol actually im at work so i am rushing through the threads. Sorry for being a dumb ass on your forum. But i still have my sticker and feels great :)

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Fluffing up my pillow for this one... :popcorn:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So am I at fireblades university ( damn ivy league school) or am I in a honda forum. I'm not Mr. perfect. Everyone messes up in grammer every now and then. I am just trying to learn the pros and cons about my bike and other problems that could occur.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
(before the spelling police get you, it's "grammar")

I'm not going to slag you for racing in public, but it's not the brightest thing to post that on here. You won't get a friendly response.

Second, I'm interest in the answer to your thread 'cause I was about to purchase a PC-II... Is this a problem with the PC? Your bike? What?

Edit: Dammit, the spelling police nabbed you. Sorry, I tried.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I dont know at all. I am going to go back to the dealership and see if the pc-II has the right map downloaded. When I am in my last gear, it seems like 150 is the fastest it will go (first off tested it on a drag strip then tested it at night on the highway.) Another response someone stated was were my gears the same. I really dont think it is the bike itself, but hey, you never know.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im not a rude person and i know speeding in the public is not cool. Trust me, all the accidents I have witnessed in my lifetime makes me not even want a bike sometimes, but I use it as a stress reliever. Not a fast and furious person.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
JamesEarl15 said:
Im not a rude person and i know speeding in the public is not cool. Trust me, all the accidents I have witnessed in my lifetime makes me not even want a bike sometimes, but I use it as a stress reliever. Not a fast and furious person.
An excellent reason to consider taking a track school or going to some track days. TSR members are regulars at the Trackoholic events at Grattan. The track is the only place you should be seeing those kind of speeds. You may want to look into this before you kill me or my family.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts