Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is a good restaurant or bar in St. Louis? I like steakhouses and darkly lit Irish type pubs. I'll be there from Monday - Thursday

Any locals or frequent travelers have any tips?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Crash : Where is a good restaurant or bar in St. Louis?  I like steakhouses and darkly lit Irish type pubs.  I'll be there from Monday - Thursday

Any locals or frequent travelers have any tips?
Absolutely. I'm not much of a bar-hopper any more, but Soullard has all of the Irish pubs. There are more than a few down there that serve all of the good Irish draft-beers and have decent food. If you like (expensive) steakhouses, I can definitely show you where to go. IMHO, St. Louis offers excellent beef (as much of the Midwest does) and there are a few places that grill fillets that will melt in your mouth.

PM me and I'll be happy to leave my number for you when you're in town. Perhaps Alysia and I can take you to one of those restaurants while you're here.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Hey, drive your candy-a$$ up next week when Crash is in town and we'll take you along as well.  I guess I could include you since you bought me a beer at Hooters and offered me a few of their nasty wings.

Seriously, if you haven't tried the filet or red-snapper at Surf-n-Sirloin, you just don't know what you're missing.  It's the best steak and seafood in the state.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very cool ER.  Thanks for the offer.  I'd be honored.

I heard about this Hamburger joint that has appearently the best burgers in the State.  Can't remember the name..... supposedly they're huge...  

I'm not much of a bar hopper either.  But I do like to sit in a dark pub, drink a cool pint and talk with buddies and listen to some drunk old guy playing the piano.  Not a party bar person at all.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
ER : Seriously, if you haven't tried the filet or red-snapper at Surf-n-Sirloin, you just don't know what you're missing.  It's the best steak and seafood in the state.
Which state? Illinois? Some KC steakhouses might take issue with your claim.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
tigerblade : Which state?  Illinois?
Well, Roxie's, PT's, Diamond Caberet, and the other nudy-bars definitely have a wide selection of red-snapper (and crabs too, I'm sure) if you're talking about Illinois, but St. Louis, Missouri has Surf-n-Sirloin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts