Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to change those bloody tyres again. I've always used Bridgestone but fancy a change. Any ideas??

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I've got a Michelin Pilot Road 2 on the back at the moment which has been a good tyre. They generally get a good write-up.

Or just try any of the new sport/touring tyres - they'll all be decent.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lots of ST guys, including me, love the Avon Storm II Ultra. Great traction wet or dry and good mileage.
Brill! I've been told about them and now someone that actualy uses them has confirmed. Thanks.

I've got a Michelin Polit Road 2 on the back at the moment which has been a good tyre. They generally get a good write-up.

Or just try any of the new sport/touring tyres - they'll all be decent.
Thanks Des. I tried Michelin when I had an ST in the UK but seemed to get a lot of 'wandering' with them so lost confidence in them. Suppose they've improved somewhat by now though.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Brill! I've been told about them and now someone that actualy uses them has confirmed. Thanks.

Thanks Des. I tried Michelin when I had an ST in the UK but seemed to get a lot of 'wandering' with them so lost confidence in them. Suppose they've improved somewhat by now though.
Yeah, the PR2's are generally well thought of - a bit pricey though.

I'm gonna try one of those Avons on the back of mine next, it's already ordered.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can't get the Avon Storm here so going for the Bridgestone Battlax 023 which are getting rave reviews at the moment. Having them fitted next week so I'll let you know how they handle.

·
Registered
20,980 Posts
I thought the ST1100 had the same tyres that you see on JCB's :idunno: :evilaugh: :poke:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Watch it boyo!! Remember the horse's head in 'The Godfather'? You might wake up one morning with a leek sticking out of your arse. :rotfl:

·
Registered
20,980 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am at that stage too for changing a set of tyres, but not convinced by anyones claims as to tyre life, handling, price..

I have been always used to Bridgestone but at £264.00 i think the tyre guy is way off the mark.. as the best price i have had yet is £175.00 for a set of Pirellis.

$ sets now in a row of bridstones i have paid £202.00 not suddenly £264.00 i know inflation is getting up but thats just ripping me off....

·
Registered
917 Posts
I am at that stage too for changing a set of tyres, but not convinced by anyones claims as to tyre life, handling, price..

I have been always used to Bridgestone but at £264.00 i think the tyre guy is way off the mark.. as the best price i have had yet is £175.00 for a set of Pirellis.

$ sets now in a row of bridstones i have paid £202.00 not suddenly £264.00 i know inflation is getting up but thats just ripping me off....
you can get a set of Shinkos for about us$170.00. Thats a set. How could you go wrong. Everyone that I talk to say they are knock offs of the high dallors for less. They last about 3/4 the time of the name brand, and handle as good on the street for a 1/3 the price. I doubt I race them but then on the street is where i am. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am definitely changing my tyre size to a 17" front. Have the wheel already, just need to change across the discs and refit it all back with the 17" tyre. thats about 20% cheaper for the same speed rating and a better load index...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeahindeed , i agree, but you also got to search about a bit as some of the prices you pay on fleabay are as high as if not higher than you would pay normally..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts