Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Can't get the Avon Storm here so going for the Bridgestone Battlax 023 which are getting rave reviews at the moment. Having them fitted next week so I'll let you know how they handle.
Well, had the Battlax 023 on but I must say...never again. The seemed to lasting well and just before going up to France, I checked the tread and they sure looked good to me; I checked the depth and the minimum anywhere was 3mm ...so off I went!

400 miles later I was sat in France trying to get a new set of tyres. The bike shop I finally found said that the 023 has a tendency to last well but to suddenly go...virtually overnight. Both front and back tyres wore down at the same time and very, very quickly. Probably not a problem if you are at home but who the hell wants to put new tyres on for holidays when you still have over 3mm on 'em? Although they did last for 5500 miles, I didn't like the way the last 3mm vanishes as if I had taken a grinder to them.

Anyway, the shop in France recommended the Battlax BT020 so I have those on now. Done 3500 miles on them so far and they still look good.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Well, had the Battlax 023 on but I must say...never again. The seemed to lasting well and just before going up to France, I checked the tread and they sure looked good to me; I checked the depth and the minimum anywhere was 3mm ...so off I went!

400 miles later I was sat in France trying to get a new set of tyres. The bike shop I finally found said that the 023 has a tendency to last well but to suddenly go...virtually overnight. Both front and back tyres wore down at the same time and very, very quickly. Probably not a problem if you are at home but who the hell wants to put new tyres on for holidays when you still have over 3mm on 'em? Although they did last for 5500 miles, I didn't like the way the last 3mm vanishes as if I had taken a grinder to them.

Anyway, the shop in France recommended the Battlax BT020 so I have those on now. Done 3500 miles on them so far and they still look good.

Hot weather and/or high speeds and/or head wind and/or pillion passenger involved?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hot weather ...
F*** man...it rained every feckin' day!!!! It always does on my biking hols! :crying:

and/or high speeds and/or head wind and/or pillion passenger involved?
Rain kept the speed down, no wind that I recall and no passenger.

It was very odd how they went so quickly...and I've never had both tyres go at the same time when they were both fitted at the same time. :hmm:

·
Registered
185 Posts
023 is the best sport touring tire I have ever used. My rear has almost 50% left and front has 75% left....and they have 18,000 kms on them already...some of that was on a GSXR1000, and the rest was on a KTM 950 Supermoto....both bikes pull my single wheels trailer much of the time as well, since I don't do short rides ever. I sport tour a few times a yr, and that's it- otherwise the bike stays int he garage.
The 023 offers grip in summer good enough for knee dragging antic and behaves like full on hypersort tires did 5 yrs ago...yet outlasts them my double, triple or more kms. They aren't as good in the rain as Micehlin's, but they don't wear weird like the Michelins do, and they offer more all out dry grip. The 023 isn't bad in the rain, just not as good as the Michelins

21 - 26 of 26 Posts