Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a member here for a while now, but been somewhat of a lurker, with the exception of the occasional post in the naked bike section.

My father is looking at buying an 06 or newer ST1300 and thinks he has found one in the area that he likes. I was wandering if anyone had any opionions or info to lend.

He found an 06 black 1300 with 19k miles, it is in great condition at a dealership. They are asking 8,600 which seems like a decent deal, but it needs new tires. They also said that there is some room for negotiations. Any opinions on price or anything else?

BTW I ride a honda 919 that I have put 17k miles on in the last 14 months. My father and mother both have cruisers currently.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
If he has his eye hooked on the ST1300, make sure you suck every last penny out of them. If its used, they would want to shift the stock.

Say you are looking at other bikes (and say you have the 919 at the moment) but may be looking to upgrade.

Deff get a new set of tyres put on her (unless they knock loads of money off)

·
Registered
845 Posts
If he has his eye hooked on the ST1300, make sure you suck every last penny out of them. If its used, they would want to shift the stock.

Say you are looking at other bikes (and say you have the 919 at the moment) but may be looking to upgrade.

Deff get a new set of tyres put on her (unless they knock loads of money off)
:plus1: If they have gear instock, try to get a free lid or something.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I have a secret desire to own a ST 1300, but the price seems a bit steep to me. Of course you picked the worst time to buy, didn't you (or your dad did). Tell the dealer you will wait for the fall, or take it off his hands now, with new rubber, for 7500.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love my 919 and have no plans to sell, but he wants a new bike. The St is used, so I didn't figure it would matter when he bought. I talked to a friend thats a bike salesman and he said to walk in offering 7k and go from there. We will just get the cost of tires taken off the deal, because I can install new tires. I do it for my 919 all the time. He is checking on insurance, and then will go from there.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
I love my 919 and have no plans to sell, but he wants a new bike. The St is used, so I didn't figure it would matter when he bought. I talked to a friend thats a bike salesman and he said to walk in offering 7k and go from there. We will just get the cost of tires taken off the deal, because I can install new tires. I do it for my 919 all the time. He is checking on insurance, and then will go from there.
What I mean't was why didn't he look into getting a 919?

Still, you could use the tyres as part of your deal... If he comes to rock bottom, ask him what else can be done about the tyres.

Good Luck

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What I mean't was why didn't he look into getting a 919?

Still, you could use the tyres as part of your deal... If he comes to rock bottom, ask him what else can be done about the tyres.

Good Luck
He enjoys the 919 on occasion, but he would rather more comfort for longer distances.

Thanks for the advice, and we plan on working the tires into the deal somehow if he gets the bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts