Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my Jardine slip-on from them on Tuesday afternoon. It cost $260 s/h included so it wasnt a bad price. It arrived on Friday afternoon. Cant complain about the shipping at all.
Started the install and got the stocker removed. I put the new pipe on and started it before completing the re-install and WHAT THE HELL! That mother scratcher is loud in the garage! I look at the box and find its labeled RACE CORE. Well I ordered a street core but obviously didnt get what I wanted. :mad:
Oh well, I took it for a ride and it didnt seem that loud on the street. Maybe its because of the positioning of the exhaust tip under the tail.
To sum it up: Very fast delivery, good price. Not so good on getting the right part.
I probably could have called them and had it replaced but I got to thinking about calling Jardine and just buying a street core as well. Shouldnt be more than $100 or so. That way I can switch them back and forth when the need arises.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I love the way those sound. Nice choice in pipe. Now I just have to wait till I have all the cash put aside for the full system, PCIIIusb, and cam(kinda defeats the purpose of a full system if you leave the stock cam unless bike engines are way different from cars but I am just starting to get into the performance mod part of my motorcycle ventures so someone tell me if I am wrong)... :cheers:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I didnt have a great experience with starcycle either, bought a hindle high mount, sent me a standard mount. Took them about 1 1/2 months to send me the correct elbow and I had to make close to 7 calls, each time they had no record of my complaint. WOuldnt buy from them again, good price, too much hasle.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Getsome said:
I love the way those sound. Nice choice in pipe. Now I just have to wait till I have all the cash put aside for the full system, PCIIIusb, and cam(kinda defeats the purpose of a full system if you leave the stock cam unless bike engines are way different from cars but I am just starting to get into the performance mod part of my motorcycle ventures so someone tell me if I am wrong)... :cheers:
the biggest difference between cams in a bike and cams in a car is that sport bikes usually have very good cams nowadays. If you think about it the new class of liter bikes are making more power than most 4 cylinder cars and almost as much as some of the lower 6 cylidners cars. However there are still some good aftermarket cams out there. Erion usually makes some good ones but I don't think they have ones for the 1000rr yet. Ten Kate might be a place to look also, I know they made cams for their WSBS 1000rr.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Yeah, I'm happy (as I've stated) with my Jardine st. core slip-on but I could have went either way, as the race isn't as loud as some).

On a side note, I remember reading in a sportbike(??) comparo last year that the Jardines actually have a higher db level when at or around idle than they do under load, which in my book is a plus (when riding past the chippies and such here in CA).

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scout said:
Yeah, I'm happy (as I've stated) with my Jardine st. core slip-on but I could have went either way, as the race isn't as loud as some).

On a side note, I remember reading in a sportbike(??) comparo last year that the Jardines actually have a higher db level when at or around idle than they do under load, which in my book is a plus (when riding past the chippies and such here in CA).
Yeah mine is loud at idle but seems to level out pretty fast when rolling into the throttle. The forecast here shows a chance of rain all week so I dont know when I'll get to wind it up and check the noise level.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm having a bad experience with Starcycle.

On Sunday I placed an internet order for a pair of gloves. After 4 days and 4 phone calls I still haven't received a confirmation of the order.

The funny part is their web site says they "welcome phone calls". Not at all the experience I've had. No way will I do business with them again.

I suspect I'm never going to see the gloves. I'll give them a few more days to come through and then I'll just look elsewhere.

If by some miracle I receive my order, I'll update this thread.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Received my gloves today! In the end I guess I can recommend Starcycle as long as you only expect delivery of the goods without much added communication (receipts, shipping confirmations, etc...)

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Reguardless how nice their web site is, starcycle is local to me, maybe 5 miles away. Its a small storefront in a strip mall out towards the industrial area. basicaly a hole in the wall. Basicaly run buy the owner and perhaps another person or two. Its basicaly a guy working out of his garage that got big enough to get a small shop. Even dealing with them in person (walking into the store) they can be a pain in the ass, forget to order stuff, never call when something I ordered came in, etc. Buyer be ware, evenif theiri prices are good, the service never is.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
dierk said:
Starcycle finally emailed me today saying my order would ship directly from the manufacturer so there's hope.
Thats part of the problem. The shop is tiny, ordering through them is basicaly having them pull open a Parts Unlimited catalog and them ordering the stuff for you. It will usualy be drop shipped.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Wow, still?? I used to work there. 20 years ago! They were totally incompetent then. Doesn't sound like they got any smarter in the last 2 decades.

·
Registered
6 Posts
G-Force Junkie said:
Thats part of the problem. The shop is tiny, ordering through them is basicaly having them pull open a Parts Unlimited catalog and them ordering the stuff for you. It will usualy be drop shipped.
Yep, as a matter of fact, my order was drop shipped. That didn't bother me but it hints that they don't stock much.

I'm still happy overall. I ordered from them because they were way cheaper than anywhere else and, in the end, I got exactly what I ordered.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts