Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

just picked up a 03 954rr drove it from Charleston to Columbia SC. When I got to my house the battery was boiling and making the whistle sound. Noticed the wrong batt was installed so I went with the anti gravity lit ion option. Bike started up just fine and I went to ride and the whole bike shirt off…I blew the fi ign fuse and the 10amp one above replaced the (20amp) fuses and still got a dead stick..I put a multimeter to it and the batt was only reading 8v…so I hooked a pod jump box to it turned the key and blew the fi ign fuse again…took the battery out and hooked a tender up to the batt wires only. Was reading good grounds both to the block on the engine and the one on the starter motor ground (batt ground wire is going to the starter motor) turned the key and heard one of the starter relays on the right back side of the bike clicking…it’s the one that has the red wire going to it…took out the relay turned the key and the bike comes on but no pump prime or tach sweep. I put a known good relay in there and the clicking happens again with the dash freaking out…at this point I am leaning towards a new wire harness…I am getting stray voltage to the connector (.03v) of the clicking relay when I should not be getting anything..the parts diagram only shows them as starter relays (4 of them)…I know the one by the ecu is the fuel cutoff relay but I do not know what the other three are…any help would be appreciated

-Ru

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Updated*** I ohm checked the three yellow wires coming from the stator and they are reading 2-3ohms and the manual says .01-1 ohms so I guess I will start there…also the wire harness section going to the relay is reading high ohms from the low wattage ground wire and the regular ground wire so I’m going to start cleaning up this ground block and see if I get different results…I added pics

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Updated*. I ordered a new main harness…slaved it in and still had the same issue…when following the wire schematic I noticed that there is a funky relationship between the engine start wire group and the god dam lean angle sensor🤣🤣..so I leave everything hooked with the BAS out and the arrow facing up and I get the engine start relay going crazy…I turn the BAS upside down and the bike comes on as normal…no flickering dash…and I can press the engine start button and the dash stays on no flickering there as well…so luckily the harness that I ordered came with the front sub assembly..I did the same thing with the spare BAS and got the same results..I’m going to swap out the sub wire harness today and see if that was the fix…more to come…

-ru

1 - 4 of 4 Posts