Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
can you tell me were the 3 hoses on the bottom of the tank connect to on the motor. i took the tank and hose off for paint and now i forgot were the 2 little hoses connect to as far as the motor. in other word can you tell me what hose connect to the motor.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Does anyone know the recommended mileage interval for performing this adjustment on the 07' 1000RR? It's not even mentioned in my owners or service manual. My F3 called for sync every 8000 miles and my R1 at 4000 miles.:idunno: Thanks!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't know what the factory recommended service interval is for the 2007 CBR1000, but I would go w/the same interval recommended for the 600 (which is 8,000 miles).

Cedric 1050: I hope you figured out where the hoses went from the airbox to the engine. I know one is the vent hose (just goes down by the sidestand area), but I don't have the service manual to tell you where the other two hoses go. When I did the TBS, I disconnected the hoses from the tank, leaving them hooked up to wherever they went on the engine. I guess you could just start shining a light around the engine area looking for a shiny bit of metal sticking out that looks like it's missing its hose...

·
Registered
129 Posts
so guys I did the synch and noticed oil on the floor aswell as smoking once the motor got hot. I am hoping I didnt blow a head gasket or anything. DID you have oil on the ground when you did your synch for your valves? I am think the valve gasket went I noticed there was oil leaking down the let sie f the motor. then I saw it on my floor i the garage. any advice or knowledge on this gentlemen?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sorry to hear about your oil trouble. But there is nothing in doing a throttle body synchro that would suddenly lead to a oil leak. So I suspect (and this is a long shot) that you had some residual oil up in your airbox from a previous low-side or accident. When the bike falls over, oil often gets pumped up into the air cleaner housing. When you moved that out of the way for the TBS, some leaked out and down the side of the bike maybe? Again, it's a long shot. But it would explain the smoking as some would have dripped into the intakes when reassembling, I'm sure.

Did you do your synchro with a mercury type balancer or one that just pulled vacuum on some piston things? If you used mercury and sucked some in during an overly aggressive throttle moment during the synchro, you make have other possibilities to consider.

I hope it really was just some residual oil in your airbox that leaked out and you don't really have a leak.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Me too man I redid my synch today (morgan carbtune) I got from beeon beemer.com was like 100 bux if you need one jump on it dude. Google it, it’s a place in jersey.
Any how the oil I think was from my cover that the pair valve goes on top off. I redid the synch today and didn’t have an oil leak at all. I m going to assemble this bad boy and let her run for a while so it can a burn the oil off and or two leak so i can find where and why its leaking. If it got through the pair head cover that, that covers the valve I should just have to take it off and re seal it after cleaning it upright. I thought maybe it was the head gasket so I was worried. I didn’t see milky oil look or texture when I looked at my crank case gauge thing.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
I don't think the airbox cover can be reassembled if the Vstax are any other way, can it :idunno:

·
Registered
2 Posts
So if it bogs down in the low end now with the even stacks, if I put the oem ones back in it should run better. This bike was stunted but only the air box and sprocket were changed

21 - 32 of 32 Posts