Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so most of the regulars on this forum know that I bought a lemon of a 929 this fall. When I say lemon I don't mean a complete piece of junk but lets just say the maintenance wasn't done and when it was it was done half assed. Along with the obviousness that when something broke it was fixed with zip ties or glue. I had no clue on street bike so I thought I was getting a fair deal at 3,800 with 18000 miles. After getting the tank off and checking things out my list became very long as to what this bike needed to be where I "a very anal person" wanted it to be.....

So after replacing plugs, airbox(drilled holes in it for some reason), Map sensor, OEM tailights, undertail....all new painted fairings, rear tire, oil, coolant, locking fuel filler cap, rewiring all sorts of booger jobs and wiring the HTEV and removing the flapper and finding out that the fork seals are junk.......... I did overlook one thing that maybe I should not have. I noticed that the starter valve (cylinder 1) little rubber bushings were gone or busted. Now I assumed since the bike starts perfectly everytime that it must be fine for now......I was going to replace the entire throttle body when I discovered this but since the rest of my list was so long decided to ignore it as long as the bike was starting ok. (makes sense right?). Well Im getting a bit of flux in my idle 1500 to say 1800 with no real pattern......I am beginning to wonder is maybe my starter valve is staying open (or closed) on cylinder 1???? possible?? Like I said bike starts each and everytime without hesitation.

Maybe a random idle change is normal for this bike....its my first so I dont know. Can someone school me on the norm for idle and also can I get filled in on starter valves? Is it like a choke?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts