Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been having starting issues with my motorcycle the last couple of days. it was starting with no issues just last week and now its being an ass. when i press the ignition button i have to hold it and work the throttle or else it will just start and kill. also my low gas light illuminates and shows i have 0.0 gallons when my tank is really full.

anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
244 Posts
ive been having starting issues with my motorcycle the last couple of days. it was starting with no issues just last week and now its being an ass. when i press the ignition button i have to hold it and work the throttle or else it will just start and kill. also my low gas light illuminates and shows i have 0.0 gallons when my tank is really full.

anyone have any ideas?
fuel pump maybe? if your having to hold the throttle to make it run I would start looking thru the fuel system filter pump etc

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fuel pump maybe? if your having to hold the throttle to make it run I would start looking thru the fuel system filter pump etc
its just weird that it would start now. its been running on and off for a year with no issues. and then BAM out the blue it starts this crud it had all winter when the bike was in pieces, would have made my life a tad easier. UGH il take a look and see what i can do. thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have another question, can you watch this video please? my bike has this same whining sound. my buddy has an 08 fireblade also and his doesnt make this noise.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I think you have an electrical issue here, bad earth maybe?
I once tried to drain the battery by leaving the lights and flashers on. When the bat was very low, the lights in the dash including the low fuel light would come on with the flasher!
on th whine front, there was a fault on some in the crankcase/shaft area. BEst to check with a honda dealer

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you have an electrical issue here, bad earth maybe?
I once tried to drain the battery by leaving the lights and flashers on. When the bat was very low, the lights in the dash including the low fuel light would come on with the flasher!
on th whine front, there was a fault on some in the crankcase/shaft area. BEst to check with a honda dealer
i called a local honda/yamaha shop, they told me there is nothing they can do. unless i wanted to pay in full to change the internals out myself. but he also said and im quoting "there hasnt been any reported incidents with any engine damage from the whining noise with the bikes" im sitting there on the phone thinking itl be just my luck my bike explodes while im doing 80 on the turnpike.

im gonna bring my bike to a shop and have the fault checked out see what it is. i can try a different battery see if that fixes the issue at all. but now its killing when i pull the clutch also. not all the time but more then i feel safe with. so the bike is parked til further notice

·
Registered
329 Posts
"crankshaft abnormal primary drive gear noise"
this is honda's official title.
Mine makes a wining noise (similar to a supercharger) and I thought maybe I had this prob, took it to my dealer and they checked it, it was not the case.
honda have a test procedure which is something like:
warm up the engine, put it is first, with the brakes on slightly load the trans by slowly releasing the clutch. do it several times and check if the engine noise changes each time. if there is no significant change , the you are ok.
can't tell from that video but I suggest if you can, get a second opinio from another dealer

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"crankshaft abnormal primary drive gear noise"
this is honda's official title.
Mine makes a wining noise (similar to a supercharger) and I thought maybe I had this prob, took it to my dealer and they checked it, it was not the case.
honda have a test procedure which is something like:
warm up the engine, put it is first, with the brakes on slightly load the trans by slowly releasing the clutch. do it several times and check if the engine noise changes each time. if there is no significant change , the you are ok.
can't tell from that video but I suggest if you can, get a second opinio from another dealer
got ya, il do this test today. thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts