Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just had to replace me engine on my RR1 after a highside last year. I've got the engine in and everything appears to be connected up correctly, got the airbox and tank on ready to start it but all the engine is doing is turning over?
When i turn the ignition on, i don't hear anything - i'm sure i used to hear the fuel pump or the exhaust servo or something when i turn the key but now there's nothing. It's turning ok but doesn't even feel like it's going to start.
Should i be able to hear the fuel pump prime or something when i put the igntion on?
Also, my clocks display is going on and off when the bike is turning over - is this normal as i can't remember it doing that last year when i was last on it?
Cheers

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
:welcome: Yes you should be able to here the fuel pump prime when you turn the key. Check fuses first and all your connectors, after swapping a motor, just when I thought I checked them all there was still one loose.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The pump should prime , and if the clocks are flashing when turning over you batt might be a bit low..........
so if i can't hear it, can it just be a lose connection? it's my original tank and was fine before i stripped it down late last year. The battery was fully charged but when turning over the engine the whole display would go off and on

·
Registered
902 Posts
You may have missed off a connection, if the batts good you might have a bad earth.I could just be a case of eveything going off when turning over, just like the headlight goes off when starting.Double check your work plus all fuses again you might have missed something....

·
Registered
434 Posts
If everything other than the fuel pump is coming on when you turn on the key it could be the bank angle sensor. I don't know how bad of a wreck you had but if the bike took some damage or hit hard the sensor could have been damaged or knocked out of its original position which would cause it to trip and not allow the fuel pump to come on.

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
If everything other than the fuel pump is coming on when you turn on the key it could be the bank angle sensor. I don't know how bad of a wreck you had but if the bike took some damage or hit hard the sensor could have been damaged or knocked out of its original position which would cause it to trip and not allow the fuel pump to come on.
:plus1:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How would i know this? and where do i find it to check?
cheers

·
Registered
902 Posts
As far as i can remember it only clicks once, have a look at one of the other relays see if they are the same ie the engine stop relay sitch them and see if the pump works if it does job done if not it could be the relay you took out stopped it:idunno:
There is a way to test the relay its a bit long winded but will tell you how if need be:thumb:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Just thought you proberly right, ist click to prime pump 2nd click to turn off when primed or off because it failed. If you checked the pump and the relays and the fuses, then now have a look at the kill switch on the bars, that stops the pump primming, then check the bike is in neutral and the side stand cut off is working.....but go for the kill switch first it can get coroded and bugger up....deffo check that out first.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.