Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys! After a year of owning my Fireblade, it has just started having starting issues. I ride to the servo and fill up, and when i try to start it again, it either wont start or will only just catch and kick over. I have had the battery tested and I found out it is only a 135CCA battery (instead of 190CCA ???). It starts quicker and with more vigor when jump started and when it does start on its own, the dash turns off and on as it kicks over. I have compared my bike starting to others on youtube and it does seem to turn over slower.

Really I just want to confirm that the 135CCA is not enough for this bike, even though is has been sufficient for the past year. I know it certainly seems like it isn't, but I don't want to go out and buy a new battery and not have the issue resolved. I am pretty short of funds :(

thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
You have answered your own question, it isn't enough. Honda fitted them with 190CCA battery. As batteries age they start to lose power. So while the 135 CCA battery worked in the beginning, as it aged it provided less and less and eventually got to the point that it would not start the engine. When you try to start a vehicle and the dash is going out, that is a telltale sign that the battery is no longer up to the task as it cannot turn the motor over and still provide enough power to run the dash. Think of it this way, the smaller battery has about 1/3 less power than the OE battery.

Go and buy a proper battery or go with a LiFePO and watch it crank over.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have answered your own question, it isn't enough. Honda fitted them with 190CCA battery. As batteries age they start to lose power. So while the 135 CCA battery worked in the beginning, as it aged it provided less and less and eventually got to the point that it would not start the engine. When you try to start a vehicle and the dash is going out, that is a telltale sign that the battery is no longer up to the task as it cannot turn the motor over and still provide enough power to run the dash. Think of it this way, the smaller battery has about 1/3 less power than the OE battery.

Go and buy a proper battery or go with a LiFePO and watch it crank over.
that's all I wanted to hear :) I am not very confident with the trouble shooting, so having someone validate it helps me. thanks mate

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
:clap:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts