Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 Honda CBR 600 F3 i have trouble starting bike in cold weather. with choke fully on revs maybe 2000 rps, just replaced stater, fuel pump and relay. the bike has died on me on rides any help trying to diagnose this would be much appreciated.

ps also looking for a company that sells after market rims, front rim is bent not looking to pay 700 for a new Honda one

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I have a 1998 Honda CBR 600 F3 i have trouble starting bike in cold weather. with choke fully on revs maybe 2000 rps, just replaced stater, fuel pump and relay. the bike has died on me on rides any help trying to diagnose this would be much appreciated.

ps also looking for a company that sells after market rims, front rim is bent not looking to pay 700 for a new Honda one

Have you cleaned the carbs already?
Do you want it to rev higher than 2000rpm when it starts?
Died how exactly?
Have you checked the charging system is working properly?
Have you tried bypassing the fuel pump and cleaning the fuel filters?
Repair your wheel or grab one off Ebay.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
ebay has used rims for pretty cheap. i am looking to get rid of my white ones b/c i can't seem to keep them clean. they don't really go with my paint job anyways. gonna get some black ones or try to snag some chrome ones. good luck man. keep us posted.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Could be a retifier problem or stator issue i say clean the carbs make sure they are on tight n perfect same with air filter n if ur air filter looks like **** replace it aswell. Air retriction either makes it run shitty or messes up the fuel/air mix so that on top of dirty carb equals problems like this n sometimes makes it run to rich ect. Just clean it out drain fuel for fresh n see where u at from there n get a multi meter n check volts at idle n at 4k rpm should b 13-14.7 v never under that or over

·
Registered
72 Posts
ONE RIDER HAD A RIDING ISSUE IT WOULD DIE WHILE RIDING. IT WAS THE VENT TUBE FOR THE GAS TANK. AGAIN SORRY FOR THE CAPS. I AM REALY NOT YELLING, JUST TYPING HARD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts