Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so here's the gist of it they'll be photos at the end of the post but the connector where the stator and rectifier connect to each other the casing around those two had basically a whole burn through it. so first thing I did was I ordered a new stator and a new regular regulator rectifier with gasket about all three as one from off of eBay. from what it said it was supposed to be brand new it looked brand new when I can received it so I put it in replaced it both regulator rectifier and stator and gasket. once I got it back together so I'm going to go crank it it didn't crank forgot that I needed to charge it so I took my motorcycle drop box that I keep with me if anything ever had it an issue if a battery went dead or anything like that I could just I would jump it off as one of those little handheld jump boxes jumped it right off and it stay crank and it held a charge couple days go by ride everyday it's my daily driver. and I go to get up this morning to go leave bikes down for the count it will not start won't do nothing but buzzing and clicking sound like it's coming from the starter solenoid area. so I have no idea what could be causing it so now I'm thinking the standard and regulator rectifier is now bad again I took my jump box I jumped it off they started right back up and it stayed running all the way until normal normal running temperature. I hopped on it took it for a ride around the block for about 25 minutes at road perfectly fine stay at normal running temperature it did everything that it was supposed to do and then I come home from from test riding in it turned it off would not start nothing doing the same thing any advice at all would be helpful the pictures that I will post is what it was before I replace the stator regulator and rectifier with a whole new kit

·
Registered
109 Posts
Rectifier/regulator and stator problems can and often do lead to starter relay problems. I would start by jumping the starter manually and see if it cranks. That would isolate the starter relay and/or wiring as the culprit. Can also try bump starting, sort of a crapshoot for diagnosis but if it starts then you know your stator and rectifier might be okay.

Those would be quick and dirty diagnosis methods to narrow things down, bust out the multimeter to be sure.

The concensus is that most aftermarket stators and rectifiers are garbage unless it's RICK'S. Another solution once components are repaired is to re-wind the stator to generate less current.

See this thread for more details on the problem:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rectifier/regulator and stator problems can and often due lead to starter relay problems. I would start by jumping the starter manually and see if it cranks. That would isolate the starter relay and/or wiring as the culprit. Can also try bump starting, sort of a crapshoot for diagnosis but if it starts then you know your stator and rectifier might be okay.

Those would be quick and dirty diagnosis methods to narrow things down, bust out the multimeter to be sure.

The concensus is that most aftermarket stators and rectifiers are garbage unless it's RICK'S. Another solution once components are repaired is to re-wind the stator to generate less current.

See this thread for more details on the problem:

thank you for replying this helps so if I jump it off and it jumps off and it and it stays running all the way up until normal riding temperature like 180° without shutting down or turning off that means the stator and regulator should be okay correct and that's and you're saying that could if being jumped off meaning that it could be wiring or my starter relay being the issue and if I do bust out the voltmeter do you know what things should be reading I necessarily don't but I do have the Hans manual it should be in there right I kind of thought that too when I bought that three thing kit the stator rectifier and gasket kit off of eBay that it was probably going to be some just cheap aftermarket crap but I didn't think it would die like that but I don't know could just be this solenoid the starter solenoid which I have a brand new one of those as well

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
l okay so I went to go try it again maybe it was just having some spaz issues and turn the bike on hit my kill switch to arm position to engine start push the button and it says loud buzzing noise coming from behind the battery where the fuse box and starter solenoid relay is like a real l obnoxious buzzing and that's it really no clicking or anything like that just straight like buzzing but like I said I just replaced the stator and regulator rectifier I did everything to step by step and after I put it together the first initial start it didn't start I wasn't thinking that of course it's a new stator it needs to be charged so I jumped it off with my handheld jump box well that's mess anything up is that possible damaging the stator or the rectifier by doing that? but after that first jump off hey hey sat there and it I don't all the way up until normal running temperature then I got on in the road and I rode for 2 days perfectly fine started up every time that I needed it to start up and then just like I said in the message before this this morning it just it's just a single buzzing and it's got brand new stater brand new rectifier brand new starter solenoid relay but if I do jump it 0ff all right and it'll be perfectly fine until I shut it off then it will not start so right now I just have it sitting there sitting on the battery maintainer charger baby that'll charge the system up some while it sits there on the battery maintainer I don't know any advice does anybody know what thing what voltage things need to be reading if I stick a multimeter to it the multimeter that I have when I stick my negative and positive points to the terminals to the battery while it gets hooked up to the harness it's rating 0 but I turned the key on and it'll be all the power in the world and it's still reading zero on my turn on my voltmeter so I'm assuming my volt meter is probably shot I don't know but this is my daily driver I need all advice given any would help thanks blade riders

1 - 4 of 4 Posts