Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed from time to time I get some moisture on the outside of my bike's stator cover. I checked it out, and I cannot seem to find a leak anywhere, so is it natural for this to happen?

Thanks,
JBird

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sort of, but I have noticed that the condensation is dirty. It is making me think that some of the dirt that I have been unable to clean just above it is heating up and melting down the cover. Does that sound right?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I can sell you a stator cover gasket if you want to try to replace that and see if that helps

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Stegen, but I don't think it is a leak after all. I have not noticed the oil level going down. I'm going to take a closer look at it today when I change my oil.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I think I may have a leak afterall, but it appears to be coming from the top of the rubber hose that goes into the Stator Cover. Should I replace the hose or just replace the cover with a new gasket?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Mine had a very slow seepage from exactly the place you describe. I ordered a new gasket and one day while changing the oil I changed the gasket. Make sure you use plenty of sealant (i used black silicone) and you'll have no problems.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
I just discovered I have a very slight oil leak coming from my clutch cover See my post for a pic.
After taking the clutch cover off my mates 929 to replace a broken clutch shaftSee my other post, ther is no gasket on the case, just sealer, i will be taking mine off in the near future and just putting plenty of sealer around the wiring bung.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, guys! I'm also believing now that it is the gasket leaking at the top.

Steg, I already have a gasket, but thanks for the offer!

Looks like I have a little project ahead of me the next time I change the oil.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts