Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new here so any advice would help.

My 2000 CBR929 has a bum stator, I'm going to replace it with an aftermarket one as the OEM one seem notorious for failing and are bloody pricey. The regulator rectifier is fine though.

Can anyone recommend a good aftermarket one, or even better and aftermarket one that is better than the original?

Cheers!

Josh

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
in the US Ricks Motorsports is the go to for stators and r/r. Across the pond Electrex World Ltd is the place you seek. Both are likely more expensive than what you'll find some other places, but you get what you pay for. Charging system components are highly engineered to perform at their peek and high quality parts are suggested. Otherwise, you'll find yourself replacing them again in short order.

I would also advise you to take a close look at the wiring going to/coming from the stator and their respective connectors. When a stator has failed, its very common for damage to those wires and connectors to take place. Should they be damaged and left unrepaired, it can lead to main component failure. Like the stator and/or r/r. Check the wiring up around the main fuse as well. This is another hot spot when charging system components have met their demise.

Also, not a bad idea to give the r/r a test session with a multimeter. While these tests don't always reveal a faulty r/r, they typically do. Many times, when a stator has given up the ghost, it takes the r/r with it.

Here is a great flow chart provided by Electrex World that can walk you through testing the r/r as well as the wiring etc.

www.electrexworld.co.uk/acatalog/Troubleshooting-3P-PMG-&-RR.pdf

1 - 2 of 2 Posts