Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
that INT by Polamalu (sp?) should not have been overturned, that was total crap.

How the hell did Vanderjagct miss that field goal by so much.

Seahawks all the way. if I can't root for the home team I'm gonna root for the home town boy (Hasselbeck)

·
Registered
152 Posts
how did he miss that much??!?!

after being 6 for 6 at home??!??

he F'IN CHOKED !!! that's how...

the end of the game got stupid crazy...hate to see that after such a good game, at least it ended properly :D

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
i have NO VOICE left as i had been screaming at the tv for the last 30 minutes.

fuckin betis

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CBR929RE: I couldn't agree more reference the INT. Boomer even said it was a terribly blown call during post-game (and he's a Bengal). So too was the lousy non-call on the long pass play to Randall El in the 2nd quarter.

ratdog: I was sure we were going to overtime. Vanderjat's got a huge leg, so the distance wouldn't have been an issue. He's an accurate kicker...I was shocked (and happy as hell!) he pushed it wide right. Whew.

bubba: c'mon bro, Bettis hasn't fumbled once all year. I agree, this was the wrong time for his first one, lol, but the Colts wouldn't even have had the chance to kick that game timing field goal w/o his flub.

Anyway, the Steelers outplayed and outcoached the Colts all night long. They played physical football all night. Ben made the passes he had to make. Special teams played well. The total package.

It should be a war at Invesco next weekend...

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
he picked one helluva time to have his first one. i just breathed a sign of relief when they got the ball on the 2. i thought all they have to do is hold on to the ball and run it. BAM Bettis fumbles :crying:

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
CBR929RE said:
refs were making some bad calls all weekend in all the games.
I'd have to say the Steelers/Colts game was the worst though.
examples: the INT overturned, the pass interference non-call, and the Faneca false start where the whole Colts line jumped over and the ref basically decided on a mulligan

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
OSIRIS said:
examples: the INT overturned, the pass interference non-call, and the Faneca false start where the whole Colts line jumped over and the ref basically decided on a mulligan
just as the commentators said "I didn't know you could just not make a call"

Bad reffing pisses me off more than bad play.

They did get the one play right where the guy dove for the pillon and the ball came out of his hand.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OSIRIS said:
+1

I totally forgot about the encroachment no-call. Nice one OSIRIS.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Where to start? Yes, although I hate the Steelers, they played excellent defensive football. Analyst commented that Peyton and their fined tuned offense cannot handle smash mouth blitzing teams, it seems that any bump in the Colt's timing offense and they're lost. Not to mention they were rusty and only started playing Colts football in the 4th quarter.

The refs? I haven't seen a more pathetic excuse of officiating than this weekend.

Yes, Polulomanunammama deserved the interception, unbelievable overturn.
Ward grabs Harper's facemask and he's pulling on it for 10 yards but Harper gets called for the 15 yarder personal foul facemask? Horrible.
Randal El no call.
The encroachment call - Pittsburg's left tackle DID flinch. Was it enough to draw the Colts? Maybe, maybe not, but the same call went against the Colt's left tackle for barely moving (or just breathing). What makes the "mulligan" so idiotic is the timing. Pittsburg is trying to run the clock down because the Colts started to regain their offense. It's the 4th quarter, it's 4th down and an inch to go. The call SHOULD have been false start against Pittsburg and resulted in a 4th and 5 yards. Now it's questionable if Cowher would have gone for it, not 4th and 5 in my opinion. The mysterious no call eventually gave the Steelers a first down (questionable spot again) and ran off 5 more minutes of 4th quarter play. Horrible.

Jerome Bettis' last play as a Steeler almost made him the biggest goat in Steeler History. I've NEVER seen a team only need to run a play (on the 2 yard of all places) and end a game and fumble it for almost the game winner. (Although I think the Eagles did that one year, returned it for the game winner).

As far as Rothlisberger tackling Harper for the game saving tackle, I couldn't believe it. Like Ben said, "the one time Bettis fumbles and the one time I can actually tackle a cornerback happened on the same play".

And then there's Vanderchoke. He pointed towards the Steelers bench when they called timeout to freeze him. He got cocky and choked. That was pathetic. He's one of the best kickers and he choked.

Steelers deserved it, but it was an ugly ugly game. Peyton and the Colts lose yet another playoff game (6 now?).

Oh well. The officiating sucked bad in ALL 4 GAMES!

The only league that doesn't hire full time officials. :thumbd:

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
tigerblade said:
Who knew that great defense and a good running game were the keys to success in the playoffs? Oh yeah, EVERYBODY. LOL

Pittsburgh has selected offensive lineman (and tight end) in the first rounds of the last 3 NFL drafts, while everyone else is picking up wide receivers, quarterbacks and running backs. Their line cannot be stopped.
Cowher (former Browns player and coordinator) is only the 2nd Coach of Pittsburgh in the last what, 20 years? Other teams are going through coaches every other year. And although the Deuce may be gone, and Bettis, they'll still have Willie Parker who runs a 4.2 40! Unbelievable speed.

By the way, did I mention I hate the Steelers? :D

Pittsburgh and Denver should be a good game, let's hope the officiating doesn't determine the outcome. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
As much respect as I have for Dungy, I think that was the true difference in the game. Cowher and crew simply out-coached Dungy and crew.
Yeah, there were some dumb calls - on both sides - and the ref's interpretation of the rule, while technically correct, is open to debate and could have been ruled an interception, but it simply came down to the fact that the Steelers have been kept on a high their last what 5-6 games and they had a better game plan than the Colts who came out flat after a meaningless end to their season.
The Steelers and Panthers both are playing like madmen as the ends of their respective seasons actually mattered, and they are riding those highs.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
That game was unbelievable! It's going to be hard for any of the rest to top that one.

About the Panthers game: how does Steve Smith get 200+ yards on the Bears defense especially with Foster out of the game? Better yet, how does Smith get wide open several times when everyone in America knows he's getting the ball?
But that's still not as shocking as Indy getting thoroughly outplayed on both sides of the ball at home.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts