Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

161 - 168 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
matt232 said:
Status update:

She sits in the garage with exactly 400km on the tripmeter, aussie_929 how about yourself?

lol mate I'm going to lose any status update you throw up. I still only have the 205klms on it. I only use it on the weekends as I have a company car for work.

·
Registered
122 Posts
gr0undz3r0 said:
Little information please. I see lots of steering dampaners on bikes. I personaly have never owned on. What are the beinfets for a guy that has no track intention at the moment. I ride pretty hard and just wonder what it would help.
thanx
I have a Scotts for my 929 and LOVE IT!

·
Registered
998 Posts
abtech said:
The more conventional (and less nervous) technique to get the same overall results would be to use .95 springs, 110 mm oil height (5 wt Showa), 36 to 38 mm of sag and zero front end drop. The 30 mm sag in the rear is fine. You will find more ground clearance, straight line stability, excellent turn in and less nosedive on the brakes. I am assuming the 200 pound figure is your suited weight, if not you may even want to try 1.0 springs . . .
Yeah once I put the 0.90kg/mm springs in I was wish that I had gone for slightly stiffer set with maybe a little more sag as with the 0.90 and ~30mm of sag it does feel a little choppy of smaller bumps yet still dives more than I would like under hard braking (I did raise the oil height a bit which helped a little to stiffen up the last part of the stroke) anyway its not perfect at the moment but its not too bad either! I hope to start going to the track abit in the near future, so I should get it sorted a bit better then (with the addition of a decent shock and steering dampner.
Ps. I fluctuate from about 190-200 without gear.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Well - just an update from the Thread starter - Head got shaking nice in a quick lefthander @ about 120 - 130. So Ill be getting a Scotts...
Proof is in the fact that it scared the crap outta me.
count me in - Ill buy as soon as I can spell a-b-l-e.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
aussie_929 said:
lol mate I'm going to lose any status update you throw up. I still only have the 205klms on it. I only use it on the weekends as I have a company car for work.

My car is collecting dust now.....the bike and I are permanently attached, and have been for 700km

·
Registered
522 Posts
matt232 said:
My car is collecting dust now.....
My car is full of dust and bird $hit!

In about a week I will have closed one year when I had the car serviced. The funny thing, is that I have done a little under 3000km. How's that for economy :thumb:

I get to service my car once a year :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
sweetonion said:
For the amount of money we're talking about I really don't understand the "I've never had one so I don't need it," argument.How about, "I've ridden 100,000 miles without an accident. So I just don't need a helmet."
Good point... but I'm told the Scott's or Ohlins are the ones to get and they aren't cheap... close to a grand here in Aus! :mad:

·
Registered
3 Posts
In all your hard riding you have never experianced a tank slapper :huh:
Lol right!! When I first stepped up from a 600 to a litre I Damm near died getting headshake at about 140 followed by a nice whiskey throttle&#1 28528; and even though I seen my life flash before my eyes I didn't panic and I pulled out of it...the main things I've noticed about the 954 is #1 its STUPID lightweight (430lbs) which nowadays is about what a 600 weighs! #2 out of the 5 bikes I've had the 54 has a pretty short rake ( in my opinion) which think is what also contributes to slight headshake and wobble when hitting bumps etc: and #3 the bike doesn't utilize a steering stabilizer...I don't necessarily think the stabilizer is needed if you can ride the bike like it's made to be ridden but on the other hand it is a big help!

161 - 168 of 168 Posts