Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
:welcome: targetboy680.
The answer is Scotts as any fule no.
BTW if you keep calling them dampeners around here you will be a targetboy. :lmao:

·
Registered
960 Posts
OK but they're also known as dampers.
Some people on here get a bit apoplectic when noobs call them dampeners.
But not me :nono: I was just winding you up (Ozspeak).
I don't have any experience with GPR. I have a Scotts.
They are both rotary dampers and I have only heard positive reports on both brands.
Either is better than none IMHO and quite a good insurance policy on a 954.
My Scotts makes the bike feel a lot less flighty, especially under hard acceleration on bumpy stuff or through bumpy corners.
Do a search on "damper", "stabilizer", "GPR" or "Scotts" and you will find mucho stuff.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
My scott's damper adjustment knob broke off. After about 3 yrs of use. I dunno, otherwise, a good product.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
:poke: I prefer my Scotts DAMPER over GPR DAMPERS because they have a much greater range of adjustment. I would choose the Scotts DAMPER over the GPR any day. As we know though eveyone has the option to do what they want. I've had friends buy the GPR simply because it comes in different colors so they can match it to their bikes.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
RPinOZ said:
Do a search on "damper", "stabilizer", "GPR" or "Scotts" and you will find mucho stuff.
Alot comes up under dampner too. :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
612 Posts
my GPR was $240 vs scotts $400....I cant tell them apart. A friend of mine has the scotts damper and feels no different. Unless you have to have the scotts brand, save some $$$ and go GPR.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I've got a GPR; it's been great. But I can't say I've compared it directly to a Scotts. Price made me chose the GPR and I have NO regrets.

Also to note: GPR's customer service is amazing!

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
targetboy, do you like the looks of a rotary (Scotts) or piston type (Ohlins) damper? Can't go wrong with either - I happen to like the piston type and went with Ohlins. :thumb:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Re: Steering Damp(insert Q's here)

FACT: A lite steering, Lite weight , Sport Bike configuration Motorcycle tends to have a tendecy to pull to the left!!!!!

AHHHHH!!!! Bollocks to all of ye!!!!

Just been talkin' to my Ex... (Might be in there!!) :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
RPinOZ said:
:welcome: targetboy680.
The answer is Scotts as any fule no.
BTW if you keep calling them dampeners around here you will be a targetboy. :lmao:
damper,damper,damper,damper,damper,damper,damper,damper :) :)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I got the GPR. GPR is huge in the dirtbike world and those guys get their
steering jerked around way more than use road guys do. I really like my
GPR and it has saved me a few times. My last track day there were many times I would come over a rise and the front would get light and never a scary moment when the suspension loaded up. Never a tank slapper with it on. Can't speak to the Scotts. But what has been said about GPR's customer service is correct. Great folks at GPR.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all ur comments. Guess I will have to take it all in and deciede on which one will best suit my needs and pocket book.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Since i'm in the market for a Damper...I'm also watching this thread, i was leaning towards the scotts, but after i saw :eek: this price $240 for a gpr...I'm leaning that way now....either way I will be buy one soon....SO hurry up and tell us where that deal was...and u betta not say Fleabay. :nono:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Ive responded (I think) to a couple private messages but I want to make sure this reply is getting out. My GPR came from Ebay new in the box and unopened. Often good deal can be come across if you have the patience to wait on them. Currently, I have found (for you, GASOUL), a powercommander PCIII USB for the 954 going for what I believe was $230ish. This piece too is new in the box from an acredited Ebay seller. Good luck. Best regards to all.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts