Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
let me preface this question by saying that I am aware that when practicable, parts should be installed per manufacturers instructions. However, we are all aware that sometimes it is impractical or inconvenient to do something ENTIRELY "by the book"

I got my scotts damper mount installed... the problem is the damper arm on the bottom of my damper. I also use the damper on my CRF450. the lower arm is the step down type. What this means is that the damper is about 3/16" above the mount. I could purchase another arm, and swap back and forth, but that is both inconvenient and it is conceivable that with taking the nut off all the time, it could come loose at the worst possible time.

Sooooo. I am considering purchasing longer mounting bolts, and bushings to take up the extra space. Looking at it, I see no reason that this modification would not work perfectly, but I would like some other minds on the problem as well, just in case I have missed a hazard or potential failure point...

View attachment 29553

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
LOL... well, you guys need to quit falling all over each other in your hurry to help out:D

anyhoo... I spaced it up, and it certainly seems secure and functional... guess we'll see in a couple of weeks

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
guess we'll see in a couple of weeks
Keep us posted on the results.. I haven't heard of anyone else doing that so maybe thats why you haven't got any responses.. Sounds like it should work out ok to me..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
for anyone wondering, it worked great... the only thing you have to do is turn up the damping adjustment...

oh, and I'm DAMN glad I had the damper... she's a twitchy B***H. it would be a handful without the damper...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts