Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
when is it time for adjustment?
what should i look for, some times when i hit a sharp bump it will sound like something loose at the front of my bike checked every thing, nothing loose any ideas?

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
I don't think there is a particular mileage/time to adjust it, but if you are getting a clunk in the front, it could be a good time to get it checked (wheelies make them need more frequent adjustment)

·
Registered
998 Posts
Keith1K said:
when is it time for adjustment?
what should i look for, some times when i hit a sharp bump it will sound like something loose at the front of my bike checked every thing, nothing loose any ideas?
I have recently adjusted my headset bearings (as they were in need of adjustment) and thought this would also get rid of the slight clunking noise that is noticable over small bumps at low speed, I have checked all other all other fasteners around the front end and also the wheel beerings for play to no avail! Which makes me suspect it is an internal fork issue, my bike has only 5000k's on it (3000Mi) although I have had the odd "not so gentle touch touchdown" from doing wheelstands.
p.s go ahead a call me a squid if u feel the need!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been thinking the same thing, internal problem. I will probably get my front reworked at some point but for now i guess i'll just live with it.
And about that squid thing if you have a bike with this much power how can you not help pulling the wheel off the ground from time to time. :squid:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ND4SPD said:
Did you check to see if your brakepads were loose?
Loose? i did take the pads off to look at them, do you think loose pads could cause a noise and how would you tighten them?

·
Registered
497 Posts
If your steering stem nut is torqed properly then it is probably the steering head bearings within. Pull it apart and check them. They may just need to be repacked or they may need replacing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts