Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
:popcorn:

Short answer: Yes. Bikes like your 954 have a lot of horsepower and are very light. They are prone to headshake, and a steering damper will help. You probably won't get headshake/tankslappers unless you get on the gas hard, but sometimes hitting a ripple in the road the wrong way will give you a wiggle. Cheap insurance, so I'd get one. Many folks here like the Scotts rotary damper. I personally prefer the piston style. Any of the popular choices will work for you.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Bikerbabe954 said:
Thanks,
I have been looking at the Hyper pro and the toby dampers just can't decide! :idunno:
I have HyperPros on both of my bikes and am satisfied with them.

Although, if I had it to do again, I'd consider an Ohlins.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Hello fellow Canuck. The reason you are getting such strange responses is that this topic has been hashed, re-hashed and deep-fried since the beginning of time. I think I've been around on this site for a few years and the subject has come up a million times...

The answer is a resounding "Yes". There are a few, and very vocal, supporters of not putting a damper on but their grounds are "you can tune it out with suspension." For those of us non-gods, that is practically impossible since we like to get hamfisted and sometimes we don't see the inevitable Canadian pothole. *shrug* $600 damper vs. $4000 damage to your bike. The choice is easy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks so very much!
I've hit a few of those nice potholes before eeekkk. I just have alot of questions I guess since this is my first "big" Bike. My F4i I had a few small head shakes but didn't think I needed a damper Now from some people I've talked to the 954 really should have one. We'll see thanks for all the advise.

I have sooo many more questions hehehe :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
BDA116 said:
You should have bought an R1. The R1 is magic, and requires nothing else.
How many times are you going to mention that damn R1? Man if I had an R1 I'd be afraid to leave it alone, only from fear of finding you screwing it without a condom. :wacking: BDA is it safe to say you love the R1? Have you tried www.r1-forum.com, I'm sure they would love to hear about your undieing love with that Yamahahaha? :inlove:

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
Nick the Quick said:
How many times are you going to mention that damn R1? Man if I had an R1 I'd be afraid to leave it alone, only from fear of finding you screwing it without a condom. :wacking: BDA is it safe to say you love the R1? Have you tried www.r1-forum.com, I'm sure they would love to hear about your undieing love with that Yamahahaha? :inlove:
Umm. Understand sarcasm much?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Canajun, eh? A belated :welcome: to our much-loved forum. If you have
questions, there may already be answers. Try searching the forum a little
before you post your questions, to avoid getting flamed unmercifully by the
teeming hordes.

On the other hand, since you're a self-proclaimed babe, the guys (and ladies?)
of Fireblades.org might just cut you more than a little slack if you post well-worn
questions. The guys will be expecting some quid pro quo, however (you know,
a photo of you in skimpy attire, preferably near to or aboard a sportbike). :)
:cheers: :cheers2:

·
Registered
304 Posts
ConqSoft said:
Don't push your luck.
Whats the prob bob? :confused: I just asked if there was anything wrong with my post. :huh:

Did you think I was using sarcasm? I wasnt. Sorry if you took it that way, you are all mighty tough. Right?

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Nick the Quick said:
Whats the prob bob? :confused: I just asked if there was anything wrong with my post. :huh:

Did you think I was using sarcasm? I wasnt. Sorry if you took it that way, you are all mighty tough. Right?

We check attitudes at the door :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts