Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought that the throttle (on the bars) wouldn't flip back because the bar end was too tight. Seems I was mistaken! So any ideas what it could be?

Cheers!

Tony...

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I'm assuming that you mean the throttle tube won't return to its stop after you twist it ... and not something at the engine. And if you twist it back, it will close. If so, then here are a few things to look at.

Is the rubber flange on the throttle grip rubbing against the switch gear? Mine sometimes creeps over and drags.

If that isn't it, then check to make sure the springs are attached at the throttle body and nothing is binding there.

If you have recently been into the switchgear, then maybe a cable is out of place. Or maybe there is some corrosion if it has sat in a humid area.

I hope this helps some.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Check to see if the grip is binding against the bar end weights...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! Tried all of the above. What about the cables themselves...maybe they need lubricating? :idunno:

I hate that job - especially explaining to my other half why I am walking out of the house with a Durex in each hand....(use em to wrap round the cable and fill with oil to leave over night!). :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts