Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I am new to this site so I thank any help. I go out to my bike from work today, and find the dreaded flat tire!!! Low and behold there is a nail in the rear tire, smack dab in the middle. Can I patch this or can it be patched? Any help would be awsome.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I would definately not try to patch it. Motorcycles have z-rated tires and the same, if not harsher rules apply for them as cars with z-rated tires. Riding with a patch on your tire is like riding on a ticking time bomb. Just spend the extra money and buy a new one:twocents:. Remember, money won't last, but road rash is forever

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would definately not try to patch it. Motorcycles have z-rated tires and the same, if not harsher rules apply for them as cars with z-rated tires. Riding with a patch on your tire is like riding on a ticking time bomb. Just spend the extra money and buy a new one:twocents:. Remember, money won't last, but road rash is forever
I would agree but these are pretty much brand new less than 500 miles on the tires

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
Have you searched? You can find plenty of opinions as this has been discussed before. Read the threads and then make your own decision.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Use a patch kit man, if you dont think that you can do it, take it to someone that will do it from the inside out. I used a kit from AutoZone and is perfectly good. Been 140 plus on the track with it.:thumb:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Use a patch kit man, if you dont think that you can do it, take it to someone that will do it from the inside out. I used a kit from AutoZone and is perfectly good. Been 140 plus on the track with it.:thumb:

A patch passed tech?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah, but why wonder how long the patch will hold when you can know the tire is good. I had a tire patched by a pro on my old 98 r6 and I now have permanent birth marks on my elbow and shoulder to prove it. So I'm speaking from experience as the one person who posted so far whose patch didn't hold. Trust me, don't leave it to chance.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Yeah, but why wonder how long the patch will hold when you can know the tire is good. I had a tire patched by a pro on my old 98 r6 and I now have permanent birth marks on my elbow and shoulder to prove it. So I'm speaking from experience as the one person who posted so far whose patch didn't hold. Trust me, don't leave it to chance.
How did he patch the tire? Mine is from the inside out. Big surface cover on the inside. I feel safe that i ride with full gear everytime out, and i dont do incredibly stupid things on the streets. Thats a plus. Where i am located at, i ride only at night most times and there arent many drivers on the roads at the times that i ride.

·
Registered
93 Posts
How did he patch the tire? Mine is from the inside out. Big surface cover on the inside. I feel safe that i ride with full gear everytime out, and i dont do incredibly stupid things on the streets. Thats a plus. Where i am located at, i ride only at night most times and there arent many drivers on the roads at the times that i ride.
It was patched from the inside. I still have the shredded tire in my garage somewhere. I had gear on also, just not leather. When it shredded, I was doing 65 in a 60. So nothing crazy there. The rear tire blew, the rim hit the ground and kicked sideways and I was thrown end over end down the road. Then the road used me to scratch it's itch. The jacket back protector was visible from the outside and the entire left sleeve was shredded down the back of my arm. It was at about 11pm when all of this happened and good thing I had my cellphone in the trunk because I had to call a cab to pick me up. I'm from the Dallas area originally, Oak Cliff, so I probably used to ride close to where you ride. And this wreck happened in Cedar Hill about 5 yrs ago.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
deidreant, ive even been up and down luna rd on patched tyres. Just havent had any mishaps. If you know Lil Stacey, hes even hammered his 636 and busa down the 8th on front a rear patches till the tyres were just gone from runs and burnouts. I do believe in that one in a million thing though.

·
Registered
93 Posts
so you're from down by the golf course by 35. I've been all up and down lbj and 35 and in between. All I can say is be careful with the patches. It only takes one time. Next time I go to visit my mom in Cedar Hill, I might have to look you up to go on a ride with me and my cousins. stay safe

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
so you're from down by the golf course by 35. I've been all up and down lbj and 35 and in between. All I can say is be careful with the patches. It only takes one time. Next time I go to visit my mom in Cedar Hill, I might have to look you up to go on a ride with me and my cousins. stay safe
Nah, im in west texas right now. I was stayin in the condos off of LBJ and Abrams RD close to High5 and Al Lambs. Ill prolly be riding back through Dallas in the next 3 weeks riding to Florida. Who do you normally ride with if anyone?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts