Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, when I bought this beauty, I was told it had a full aftermarket exhaust on it. I looked at it somewhat with the plastics still on, just trying to look in from the rear, and it looked believable compared to how my '08 looked. It lacked a cat, which is why I figured this may be true. After finally lifting up her skirt, aka pulling off the plastics, I was left disappointed as the exhaust looks to be stock with wrapped headers only. The guy said they replaced the exhaust, but the heat was starting to melt the plastics, so they wrapped it. The wrap job looks decent, but on the stock exhaust it's all the same lol. So just want the truth, this is stock, or is it in fact aftermarket??? :idunno: Luckily I used a higher resolution camera, so if you zoom in you should have a decent quality picture to inspect! :thumb: Also takes forever to upload the images.... :(

953exh1.jpg

954exh2.jpg

954exh3.jpg

954exh4.jpg

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Well, when I bought this beauty, I was told it had a full aftermarket exhaust on it. I looked at it somewhat with the plastics still on, just trying to look in from the rear, and it looked believable compared to how my '08 looked. It lacked a cat, which is why I figured this may be true. After finally lifting up her skirt, aka pulling off the plastics, I was left disappointed as the exhaust looks to be stock with wrapped headers only. The guy said they replaced the exhaust, but the heat was starting to melt the plastics, so they wrapped it. The wrap job looks decent, but on the stock exhaust it's all the same lol. So just want the truth, this is stock, or is it in fact aftermarket??? :idunno: Luckily I used a higher resolution camera, so if you zoom in you should have a decent quality picture to inspect! :thumb: Also takes forever to upload the images.... :(

View attachment 56581

View attachment 56582

View attachment 56583

View attachment 56584
Stock header and midpipe.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Get rid of those stainless zip ties and use a worm style hose clamp. Will last way longer and not loosen with vibrations.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stock header and midpipe.
Yeah, that's what I figured. Don't know if I'll be going for a full system anytime soon either. I don't ride the hell outta my bike, so a PCIII would be better money spent just to optimize fuel delivery for the slip-on. Will probably put more money into cosmetics than anything lol.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
The stock headers are pretty good. PC3 is definitely money better spent.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Get rid of those stainless zip ties and use a worm style hose clamp. Will last way longer and not loosen with vibrations.
Or safety wire.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Almost pulled the trigger on a Bazzaz Z-Fi today, they were out of stock. So I decided to get the PCIII, but once I added in my new tires, and the 2-up bar so my 'ole lady will actually get on the bike, I was already at $500. I get another $9,000 in October, so I will be ordering a few parts then. Going to pay bills, finish my '87 Iroc engine rebuild, and get a few bike parts. Definitely picking up a fuel management system then! Wouldn't mind finding a used one, if I could pick it up below $200 I'd just buy it now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts