Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day guys

I'm new to road bikes and have finally taken the plunge. I've purchased a cbr r250 with the repsol duco and I am loving every moment of riding. I keep hearing about these yoshimura pipes and have checked out some comparisons on youtube. Is there any benefit to having the yoshimura other than the sound difference? I can't find any additional information about the differences other than the yoshi shaves some of the total weight from the bike. As I am currently on my L's and must adhere to the LAMS regulations, I'd also like to know if they are approved for installation on the bike. The Dept of road transport here in SA is anything but helpful and I have better things to do (like riding) than to spend forever on the phone waiting for a human to answer my request...

As I am a new rider, I would appreciate to hear people's views regarding it.
Cheers...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pipes allow it breathe better, plus allow more sound out.
Depending on what you get, it can make the bike sound better, or bad.
Best thing is to have a listen to a few as they are running around and find something you like and go with that.
To get performance gains, etc, you need to do more than just a pipe.
I like my bike to be loud enough that when travelling through traffic, the car drivers know there is a bike nearby, but not that loud that it's just a noise that is going to attract the attention of the plod.
I don't know if you are allowed to change pipes on your bike?!?
Need to ask a rego inspector.
Enjoy the bike and keep the shiny side up.
RAB

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
If you are looking to get more power out of the bike you will certainly like the pipe, but you will also need to jet the bike to match the new airflow. It will give you a small bump in power, nothing major, but on such a small bike every little bit helps =) Most people don't hold on to a 250 long enough to make it worth putting money into, but I would say a louder pipe makes you more noticeable in traffic to go along with more power. Definitely check with the inspectors that would be checking over the bike or check the regulations carefully to make sure that the pipe would be a modification that you would be allowed to do without getting yourself into trouble.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts