Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
God bless 'em

We're having a patio built in the backyard and these guys have my respect. No way could we have done this as a DIY project and had such results.

That is all.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
You're not kidding!! We had a paver stone patio put in the summer before last. At first, it seemed like it might be a DIY project. But, at 17'x44', I'm really glad we paid someone!

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Ya, its sad nowdays with construction basicaly prebuilt, cookie-cutter homes of prefabbed walls, trusses, and stucco. Not as many true artisans around anymore, and thats exactaly what a good mason/bricklayer/tile setter is.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
That's definately Houston "area". Other than the nice stonework that could be my Granparent's backyard. :)

Nice job. :thumb: I love stone and love craftsmanship.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No hot tub - just a firepit. Next summer we may add on an outdoor kitchen but this was phase 1 :D

Now that I look at it from that perspective, it is hard to really tell that its a firepit unless you know what you are looking for.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LTL, we looked at pavers at first, but Texas soil shifts so much that we needed a concrete base. Stone was the only way to go. No way could we have done this ourselves.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
BizJetGuy said:
LTL, we looked at pavers at first, but Texas soil shifts so much that we needed a concrete base.
You mean "sand" right? ;) (I constantly tease my parents about this)

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Dad calls it "Texas top-soil"...and then bitches that his roses don't grow like they did out here in Cali. :rotfl:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts