Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 40 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I suck at quitting all around....the thing that bothers me is people that try to force you to quit (bitchy ex's) who don't understand why you don't quit..."I'm not going to quit because you want me to, I'm going to have to quit because I want to"

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Kick it. I did it cold turkey and it worked for me.
I have tried that twice. I give cuddos to anyone that has quit cold turkey! the last time I did that I had people BEGGING me to start again! :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
i'm almost to 3 months. i used Chantix and it worked really well. every now and then i would like to have one, but the cravings aren't there and i just tell myself that i don't need them.. i've also started doing pushups whenever i find that i really want one.. excercise will stop alot of cravings...

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
It all comes down to will power... and if you have set your mind to actually stopping for a valid reason, not because someone else says you should.

Do something to take your mind off things, eat fruit (if you dont, start eating it), do exercise (as you may gain a few pounds when you quit (your taste buds "come back"))

Good luck to everyone trying...

·
Premium Member
6,491 Posts
Smoking is one of the reasons I love to ride! Cant smoke while riding, I dont even think about it! Now if I could ride for 2 days straight I would be set!!! :rotfl:
Tell that to the Thais! Most won't wear a helmet even though its law. So if your visor's up and you come up behind one who's smoking, you end up getting hot ash in the eye:rant:

Btw, it's only ever the Thai men that do smoke on the bike!

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I dont have any addictions, well none that i want to discuss, but i always figured the easiest way to it would be to just not buy them. you cant smoke if you dont have them. that and keep your distance from people that do. Will power will power will power!!! Good luck yo.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I've fallen off the wagon. Dangit!!!

I will try again.

I admit I have no will power when it come to this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I quit cold turkey almost 3 months ago. Before that, I had gotten down to only smoking when I drink, so it wasn't that hard. I don't even think about smoking anymore. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
a friend of mine gave up, he saved up all his fag buts/ash, put them in a big jar, then filled it with water. and every time he had a craving, he just popped the lid off and had a sniff, put him right off apparently! only thing is you need **** loads of fag butts to do it, which would envolve smoking!!?

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Still smoking but only at night after I finish work....need to stop really:hmm:
Oh well its been 5 days now and NOT 1 ciggie. Just saying to myself NO. Whereas before I would make excuses and reason with myself why I should allow myself to smoke. It's a terrible habit and I hope this time I can kick it into touch.
I hope I have the right thought pattern for it this time which is, Black n White, Yes n No. So stopping with the excuses to smoke, I'm not getting stressed cos its simple, NO don't smoke...just simply DON'T smoke:D:D:D
Then the craving seems to go immediately and I'm focusing on doing something constructive instead:smilebig::smilebig::thumb:

·
Registered
141 Posts
If you guys really wanna quit go to your doctors and get some chantix. I know alot of people that have quit from taking it. There are side effects, dont effect all, nausea, vivid dreams, depression. Me personally, i would just do it cold turkey though. I quit for like 2 months once with no problem....stupid me started again.

21 - 40 of 101 Posts