Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,491 Posts
Jazzy, just take it one day at a time. I've given up for a year and a half, then again for a year and now I'm on day one again. Don't beat yourself up about it. Just focus more on the successes you have and not the failures. I just keep thinking how many cigs I would have had over the periods when I wasn't smoking. It would of easily been in the many thousands:eek:

You can do it, dude, and you will. Just keep reading your signature line:thumb:
"Do, or do not, there is no try!"

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Jazzy, just take it one day at a time. I've given up for a year and a half, then again for a year and now I'm on day one again. Don't beat yourself up about it. Just focus more on the successes you have and not the failures. I just keep thinking how many cigs I would have had over the periods when I wasn't smoking. It would of easily been in the many thousands:eek:

You can do it, dude, and you will. Just keep reading your signature line:thumb:
"Do, or do not, there is no try!"
Very true, thanks Surf!!! Only smoked the other day and didn't find much enkoyment then, so I hope things will happen on their own as I don't have any cravings. Thanks for the advice butty:thumb::thumb:

·
Premium Member
6,491 Posts
Very true, thanks Surf!!! Only smoked the other day and didn't find much enkoyment then, so I hope things will happen on their own as I don't have any cravings. Thanks for the advice butty:thumb::thumb:
We're all going through it mate. It's just about how you face the challenge...
Nobody's perfect:idunno:

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
8 months and counting.. i used chantix for a little while.. crazy dreams is right.. i'd start dreaming before i was even totally asleep.. keep at it jazzy.. it's freakin tough but worth it..

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
8 months and counting.. i used chantix for a little while.. crazy dreams is right.. i'd start dreaming before i was even totally asleep.. keep at it jazzy.. it's freakin tough but worth it..
Cheers mate Appreciate it, funny enough I was just thinking about ciggies, so have decided to go and do something, not sure just what but SOMETHING:):):)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Oh Bollo45s!!!! Lasted 6 days!!!! I HAVE NO WILL POWER!!! Forget evrything I said in the previous post!!!! Damn I hate being crap at anything!!!!:mad::mad::rant::rant:
:rotfl::rotfl:That made me LOL mate!!

Very true, but I honestly think I'll crack it this time,.....
Well bloody tell us then boyo!!

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
:rotfl::rotfl:That made me LOL mate!!

Well bloody tell us then boyo!!
The only way I have stopped smoking is firstly avoid the boredom/automatic fags, find something to do....and when having a few beers (toughest time) drink more :rotfl:

In saying that I have had a major problem with my sinuses this year so thats helped me to quite simple say no as I can't breathe the next day.

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Quit cold turkey about 3 months ago, work out at the gym 5 days a week too.....I feel great.....funny though because my mind is starting to crave it hard now after 2-3 months, I quit for a year and a half before and went back, but I think I am done for sure this time.:idunno::D

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Quit cold turkey about 3 months ago, work out at the gym 5 days a week too.....I feel great.....funny though because my mind is starting to crave it hard now after 2-3 months, I quit for a year and a half before and went back, but I think I am done for sure this time.:idunno::D
I had that at about the same time, and again at 6 months if I remember. Don't give in though! Every now and then I would suddenly want a cigarette for a few years after giving up, it took me ages to get it out of my system. I don't have any such cravings now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's almost 10 years since I stopped my 2-pack-a-day habit. I did it cold turkey. I had cravings for maybe the first 2 years or so, but they gradually diminished. Will power is probably key, but I would suggest a lifestyle change, ie, health/fitness interests, etc. It will help immensely. Someone mentioned early that they easily reignited their habit after 18 years. I believe this would be easy to do for those of us that have smoked previously, as there is a "well worn path" in our brains, or trained receptors that are on standby, to help this along.
I still consider myself a smoker for this reason, but one that chooses not to smoke.

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
I had that at about the same time, and again at 6 months if I remember. Don't give in though! Every now and then I would suddenly want a cigarette for a few years after giving up, it took me ages to get it out of my system. I don't have any such cravings now.
Some people have told me they haven't smoked in 10+ years and still crave it, but I am really disgusted by it at this point and just can't see myself going back now. My habit was maybe 5-10 cigs a day which wasn't too crazy but there are those little moments when I want it, but they are definitly not strong enough to make me actually pick one up and light it.....I would be too upset with myself.

41 - 60 of 102 Posts