Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Allo Foof glad you are still around here....congrats for beings weed free for so long....we were at a bbq the other week for our annual catch up with old friends from school night.....of the 30 or so people in attendance 25 used to smoke back in the day...only two people of that group still smoke...things have changed for the better.....it sounds awful but i see people smoking and I feel sorry for them being a slave to that shite:crap:

·
Super Moderator
14,687 Posts
Hi Itsalright, firstly sorry for the delay in response, been doing other things :)
I have tried a couple of things, with varying degrees success.

I tried a drug called Xyban [in Australia] quite a lot of years ago. Xyban is a drug normally used to treat some sort of mental illness. Quite by accident they observed that patients who were given Xyban stopped smoking. So they started prescribing it as a stop-smoking drug. I took the drug for three days, after which time the left hemisphere of my brain got hot and began to bubble against the inside of my cranium. I am assured that this could not in fact have happened, but this was the perception caused by the drug. I also had aural hallucinations, specifically I was watching a magpie [a bird] which meowed at me. Suffice to say I stopped taking it pretty darn quick!

About five and a half years ago I tried another drug, Champix [in Australia]. This drug was not recommended for anyone suffering depression as it would deepen that effect. After numerous suicide attempts by people given the drug as a stop smoking aid doctors were told to advise smokers to be aware of their mental state and to ask people close to them to also be vigilant. I found the drug caused massive sleep disturbance, nightmares, and heart palpitations. I was able to take the drug for just long enough to achieve the desired effect. I haven't smoked since, largely because I feel that I have taken the last ditch effort and there is nothing else that I could try if this failed.

So, long story short, if you can quit using will power and nicotine patches that would be recommended.

I wish you all the luck in the world. Stay strong.
G'day Foofa, long time no post. Wheresyabin?

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,314 Posts
I haven't had one ciggy in 3 years now, not one and now I hate the smell of them. So all good for me. Incredible how you can go from 20-30 a day to nothing and end up hating the smoke. Good luck to everyone trying to stop, you can do it !!!
Top work Jazzy, good for you kid. I know that sh!t can be VERY hard to beat. Well done :clap:

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
I haven't had one ciggy in 3 years now, not one and now I hate the smell of them. So all good for me. Incredible how you can go from 20-30 a day to nothing and end up hating the smoke. Good luck to everyone trying to stop, you can do it !!!
fantastic @jazzy :clap:

January will be 11 years for me (still dry too). still get the urge every once in awhile, so stay strong Amigo! :cheers:

·
Registered
234 Posts
I havent had a cigarette for 7 weeks after smoking for 20 years. I lost my father this past Sept 14. He was 68, a smoker who quit 2 years ago, smoked since he was 12. Quitting didnt do much good for him, the damage was already done. I quit 12 days after losing him. He's my motovation. I promised him 2 years ago that I'd try and quit but what kind of promise is "trying"? It gives you a loophole to get out of it. I got this.....this time. Ive quit before once for 9 months another for 3 yrs. I stopped in a bar the other day to talk to the bar tender (my mother owns the building its in), when I got back in my car, I smelled so bad I wanted to puke, had to pull over and find my can of Fabreze. I keep telling myself how much they suck and the waste of money. But I'd sure like to have one when I wake up with that first cup of coffee. lol

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
fwiw: a new tax kicks in April 2017 in California. A liquor store cashier was telling me, it's an increase of $2.00 per pack!!! A pack of Marlboro's (aka, my-burial's) will cost about $8. When I smoked just out of high school, they were 60 cents a pack.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Marlboros are $5.88 a pack here in West Virginia. I smoked 2 packs a day. Thats $360 a month! Plus my wife smokes. Theres another $300. Holy Facking Shat!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Marlboros are $5.88 a pack here in West Virginia. I smoked 2 packs a day. Thats $360 a month! Plus my wife smokes. Theres another $300. Holy Facking Shat!
Over here in australia theres so much tax on cigs a pack is more like $20 - 30. Im not sure exactly, i smoke rollies (roll your own) and even that is $50 a week, $50 being a 50g pouch

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
The single best thing you can do for your health is to stop smoking. If it helps those trying to quit, every time you smoke a cigarette you damage your lungs. Every time. It is unavoidable. Moreover, the damage you do is utterly irreparable. You might be told differently, but whoever telling you is either ignorant or lying.

Those found smoking in the Steinholme are assumed to be on fire and treated accordingly. Good luck to all, it certainly isn't a monkey that gets of your back easily.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
bloody marvelous! :clap: :cheers2:

12.5 years here. sometimes it still feels like Day 1.

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
bloody marvelous! :clap: :cheers2:

12.5 years here. sometimes it still feels like Day 1.
Nice one ! I've just checked back through here and it's been about 7 years....I couldn't sleep as you can see, mind went into overdrive when it hit the pillow :blahblah::loony::bitchslap::bonk:

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Well I have kicked the fags completely :wink I hate the smell of smoke now which is all good and don't even think about smoking anymore, YOU CAN KICK THE HABIT !!!:naws:
Don't worry Jazzy, you're just in the smoking nazi phase, Lol. Trust me, in a few more years you'll think nothing of it. The smell won't trigger any more emotion than someone farting. :smokin: :fart:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I was talking about this with someone this morning, I was a 40 a day smoker until about 15 years ago, and haven't touched one since, however I do still miss it on occasions, the reason smoking is so addictive is because it's so bloody pleasurable.
Luckily enough when I was about 10 , another kid give me a cigarette to smoke ,took 2 puffs on it , made me feel sick and never touched them again, I have no problem with other people smoking , but I hate the born again smokers who once they have stopped try to preach at smokers, their actually worse than people who have never smoked:|

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Luckily enough when I was about 10 , another kid give me a cigarette to smoke ,took 2 puffs on it , made me feel sick and never touched them again, I have no problem with other people smoking , but I hate the born again smokers who once they have stopped try to preach at smokers, their actually worse than people who have never smoked:|
Couldn't have said it better. It's a natural inclination when you stop smoking, but I never wanted to be one of THOSE guys. Drives ya nuts...

81 - 100 of 101 Posts